“Best Indian Restaurant I Have Ever Been Too!!!!”

NOYON tandoori restaurant
Ranked #36 of 69 Restaurants in Pickering
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: one of the oldest restaurant in this area,serving authentic south asian food.we always try our best to serve quality & fresh food in a pleasant atmosphere.we are pleased to maintain our standard high & appreciate any constructive suggestion.
York, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian Restaurant I Have Ever Been Too!!!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

One look at the menu and I was excited about getting my food. I love curry and the menu was filled with things I had never heard of which for me is a sign of something to get excited about. As a chef myself, I love Indian food for the combination of spices and flavor, I have been to many Indian restaurants and this has to be one of the best ones I have been to probably ever! I'm not from Yorkshire but if I would be in here every week if i could just trying everything and working out how they do it. I can not even tell you what I had but was really surprised about how much the bill came too but it was much less than i thought it was going to be. My only gripe is that they were playing Coldplay.... LUSH! LUSH! LUSH!

• Visited January 2014

Grantham, United Kingdom
“An excellent Indian restaurant”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Called in here about 3 years ago on a Saturday night when driving through Pickering and had a good meal then.
Called back with my family recently and so pleased that it had not changed. A very friendly greeting and the staff could not do enough for you. The restaurant is very clean and spacious. My wife wanted advice about some of the dishes and our waiter was really helpful and suggested a dish for her which she throughly enjoyed.
My Balti was delicious and my son enjoyed his Tikka Masala.
So if your in Pickering give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
“One of the best curries ever”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We ate her 2 weeks running on a Tuesday during November . We stopped en route from the coast as I was working over that way and needed a stop on the way home. It was very quiet but it was Friday however they seemed to be taking a regular number of takeaway bookings . Service was really polite and attentive . The food was sublime and we adore curries and have eaten them all over UK and abroad. I had a King Prawn Pathia and my husband a King Prawn Saag. They were so good that on the next visit my husband had the same and I chose a tandoori chicken Pathia , I didn't think I could have had better than the prawn one but this was stunning.
We had some poppadums' which were lovely light and crisp not a hint of grease, the pickles were great and the naan bread too. I had the house white which was a nice dry slight fruitiness sauvignon, hubby was driving so soft drink for him. If I lived near here I could eat here every week it is that good and there are so many choices. Unfortunately we live 2 hours away and no more work nearby .
The décor is lovely quite contemporary but enough hint of Asian

1 Thank TeesdaleMudpies
Runcorn, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best veggie curry ever!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I were staying in the cottage next door to the restaurant so kept smelling its aromas all weekend so on our last night (after reading reviews of the other two indian restaurants in the town) went to the NOYON and weren't disappointed!

Being a vegetarian I was spoilt for choice but asked the very helpful waiter if he could recommend one of the chef's specialities on the main menu. I normally have a madras so he said he's recommend a particular one and it was probably the best curry I've ever had. There was loads of it so I took the rest home which the chef brought to our table and asked how everything was.

My boyfriend who eats meat had the set meal for one and his was excellent too. Overall great value for money, lovely friendly staff and fabulous food! Shame we don't live closer.

Hull
“Above and beyond”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Fantastic place! Beautiful decor, attentive and effecient staff and fabulous food!! Very friendly place too and great value for money. My husband and I had a lovely time and when we couldn't get a taxi back to our campsite as he couldn't manage the walk back, one of the staff took us in his own car!! It was a quiet time, about 6.30pm and it only took him about 10 mins but it was a kind gesture very gratefully received.

• Visited October 2013