I recently stayed at the White Horse with my Husband, our two young children (4 and 8 months) and my very fussy mother visiting from Australia. We had two interconnecting rooms in the new building towards the rear of the hotel. The rooms are fabulous and spacious with very comfortable large beds and lovely linen. I had the best shower ever (in the UK) and my Mum loved the bath (with candles). The interior design is modern and comfortable. Wide screen wall mounted TVs with an extensive DVD library adding to the luxury. The rooms were spotless.
Staff were friendly and helpful including taking, heating and returning baby food on our arrival. Plenty of space in rooms for cot and ready bed. They also have a lovely lounge area for guests separate from the main building which had been recently decorated with sofas, two wide screen TV's, pool table , papers and mags, on tap coffee (from an impressive machine) tea, a courtesy bar and a loo. A great place for me to hang out with the kids between sight seeing in the village.
Pickering itself is an interesting town with lots of character and interesting shops. The castle (walking distance from the White Swan) is worth a visit as is the sight of Steam Engine starting up and moving off at the train station.
On the food front all was delicious. We enjoyed an excellent dinner of pizza and gelato (home made) in the pizza place next door. Breakfast was excellent and extensive and well worth taking the complementary paper to read to prolong the experience. Lunch of fish, real chips and real mushy peas was lovely. We also enjoyed an afternoon coffee in the snug.
Children were welcome and out two seems to enjoy the stay (slept well and were well behaved).
My mother could find nothing to complain about (which is unusual) and we all thoroughly enjoyed our short stay and would definitely return for a few days next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this proper family run Inn. Next year will be our 30th at The White Swan and we have just about got things organised. From the moment you walk through the doors you'll feel at home. We aim to keep things simple and just let you relax ...Tom Parker Bowles reckons 'Every market town should have a White Swan' and the Daily Telegraph described us as 'God's own Country Pub' on a recent visit. If you read the reviews here you will get a flavour of what we are trying to do. We are an Inn with a lovely restaurant and 2 rosette food but not the plastic fine dining you find in many four star properties. Real food, real people, lovely rooms and great value for money.And by the way if you are not delighted I will give you your money back so long as you tell us at the time.Victor Buchanan - Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your The White Swan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Pickering
- The White Swan Inn Pickering, Yorkshire