Stayed in May Half Term Holiday for one night in a Hideaway room with my husband and daughter and two sausage dogs!
The room was lovely and in a very quiet location. Comfy bed and luxurious bathroom. All really clean. The floor was tiled so great for the dogs. Also being on the courtyard it was great for access with the dogs first thing in the morning and late evening. Its the best hotel ive stayed in with the dogs in the uk. The Waterhead in Ambleside is a close second but the great access for the dogs at the White Swan makes life easier here.
The dogs were able to sit with us at dinner and at breakfast in the bar area. It is on the small side but perfectly ok. The restaurant looked lovely with a roaring log fire creating a lovely atmosphere. The service was fab, unfortunately I didn't get the name of one particular young man that really was friendly and gave us great service. The Club room was stunning and cosy for a quiet drink. Again the dogs were allowed in there. Any travellers without dogs don't be put off as the hotel certainly didn't smell doggy! It was immaculate.
The hotel is in a great location for visiting the coast and also the other lovely villages surrounding. We took a trip on the steam railway up to Goathland. The train station is a two minute walk away.
We would definitely return to this great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this proper family run Inn. Next year will be our 30th at The White Swan and we have just about got things organised. From the moment you walk through the doors you'll feel at home. We aim to keep things simple and just let you relax ...Tom Parker Bowles reckons 'Every market town should have a White Swan' and the Daily Telegraph described us as 'God's own Country Pub' on a recent visit. If you read the reviews here you will get a flavour of what we are trying to do. We are an Inn with a lovely restaurant and 2 rosette food but not the plastic fine dining you find in many four star properties. Real food, real people, lovely rooms and great value for money.And by the way if you are not delighted I will give you your money back so long as you tell us at the time.Victor Buchanan - Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The White Swan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Pickering
- The White Swan Inn Pickering, Yorkshire