If you want a restful and indulgent stay in a very good Inn in one of the most attractive small towns in North Yorkshire, then look no further. The White Swan is a delight: tastefully and traditionally decorated with a contemporary edge. Roaring fires in all the public rooms where you can sit and read the papers and welcoming and well-trained friendly staff make this a truly special place with high standards. Exceptional food, beautifully presented, locally sourced. The famous Ginger Pig pork, sausages and bacon are on the menu.. (the only place outside London where you can enjoy it we are told). Rooms are a choice of contemporary/traditional and are extremely comfortable with White Company linen, although ours was quite snug. This was our second stay in 4 months and we enjoyed their winter special offer which was extremely good value. The North Yorkshire Moors Railway was sadly not running, but we drove to Whitby instead and came back over the moors via Rosedale. We did not find Dracula, but there is much to see and do in the area, even in January. We will be back again soon. Yorkshire is God's own Country and we love its 'real' people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this proper family run Inn. Next year will be our 30th at The White Swan and we have just about got things organised. From the moment you walk through the doors you'll feel at home. We aim to keep things simple and just let you relax ...Tom Parker Bowles reckons 'Every market town should have a White Swan' and the Daily Telegraph described us as 'God's own Country Pub' on a recent visit. If you read the reviews here you will get a flavour of what we are trying to do. We are an Inn with a lovely restaurant and 2 rosette food but not the plastic fine dining you find in many four star properties. Real food, real people, lovely rooms and great value for money.And by the way if you are not delighted I will give you your money back so long as you tell us at the time.Victor Buchanan - Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your The White Swan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Pickering
- The White Swan Inn Pickering, Yorkshire