The others are right about this place, it is excellent. Its the team that run the place that are good in particular. We stayed for two nights last week, and they could not have been more welcoming, and helpful, but most importantly offering their time and effort to make our stay comfortable, without being asked. The Bothy is a great space at the back of the hotel with a woodburner, lots of seating, a great place to sit with a tray of tea after a day out walking and pretend to read the paper, or equally, as we did, sit up with a tray of drinks until the small hours. Various local farms supply with hotel with meat and other ingredients, and the good local choices are scattered all over the menu. We only ate dinner in on the first night, but it was simple, nicely presented and good flavours, good wine list too. The bedrooms in the hotel are smaller, not so new and possibly noisier. The rooms at the back off the carpark are great, bigger, quiet and away from the road. Its a pleasure to stay in a hotel room which isnt trying too hard, and simply offers good quality basics. A kettle with coffee, tea and biscuits, hairdryer that works, make up mirror in the bathroom. Wifi. New, comfortable beds with crisp white sheets. Newly done bathrooms with white suites and white tiles, good lighting and lots of hot water. There is a lot to like at the White Swan, will definitely be back. Pickering itself is not a destination in itself exactly, but well placed for other attractions within half an hour's drive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome awaits you at this proper family run Inn. Next year will be our 30th at The White Swan and we have just about got things organised. From the moment you walk through the doors you'll feel at home. We aim to keep things simple and just let you relax ...Tom Parker Bowles reckons 'Every market town should have a White Swan' and the Daily Telegraph described us as 'God's own Country Pub' on a recent visit. If you read the reviews here you will get a flavour of what we are trying to do. We are an Inn with a lovely restaurant and 2 rosette food but not the plastic fine dining you find in many four star properties. Real food, real people, lovely rooms and great value for money.And by the way if you are not delighted I will give you your money back so long as you tell us at the time.Victor Buchanan - Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your The White Swan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Pickering
- The White Swan Inn Pickering, Yorkshire