“lovley fish shop”

Eastgate Fisheries Cafe and Takeaway
Ranked #22 of 69 Restaurants in Pickering
Cuisines: Cafe, Seafood, Fast Food, British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham
“lovley fish shop”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

well cooked fish & chips could recommend this place, only tried it the one time but quality was great

Visited May 2013
1 Thank AJAY40

Milton Keynes
“Not the best by far”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After looking at the reviews on Tripadvisor we decided to sample the chips at the Eastgate Fisheries Cafe and Takeaway, I was expecting great things but unfortunately they did not deliver the goods. We bought sausage and chips to takeaway - they were wrapped and presented well but the chips were undercooked, very, very greasy and had an unpleasant meaty taste, possibly from the fat they were cooked in. Parking was very easy and the staff were friendly but this will not be enough to entice me back a second time.

• Visited May 2013
Batley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in Yorkshire!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Brought the family through to see the Steam Railway in Pickering and stopped for lunch in the restaurant. We like our fish n chips and this was simply the best we've had. The service was great and all the staff were smiling and couldn't do enough for you. Would recommend it to anyone passing through Pickering.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Gary D
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best fish and chips ever!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Having visited Pickering frequently over the past few years, paying a visit to Eastgate Fisheries has become an annual treat for my family and I. I cannot say I have yet found a fish and chip shop to beat it; the quality of the food is always to the highest standard, and the fish especially is absolutely beautiful. The restaurant and its facilites are always kept clean and up-to-date; between our last and our most recent visit, the restaurant had been completely refurbished. I would recommend Eastgate Fisheries to any friends or colleagues, and will certainly be back myself for more delicious fish and chips very soon!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Laura J
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've been to Eastgate fisheries a few times now, and every time I have found both the food and service to be exceptional! Anyone looking for classic British fish and chips with a friendly & professional service, look no further!

• Visited March 2013