“Great spot for exploring Yorkshire, cosy...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 17 reviews

Reviews from our community

FionaGLan...
Lancaster
“Pretty conversion but sadly not a comfortable stay”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

I'll start with the positives then move on to the areas that, for us, let the property down but we think could very easily be rectified. The Hayloft is very spacious, clean, prettily furnished, and reasonably well equipped. The owners are friendly and were extremely quick and gracious in sorting a couple of items in the cottage. We appreciated the Prosecco left for us to see in the New Year and the generous starter pack of logs and kindling. The negatives were the small double bed, only 4 foot, which had not been explained in the cottage rental details. We were forever waking ourselves up because we were on the point of falling out of bed (and we're both slim!) A poor night's sleep was compounded by noisy central heating pipes that regularly knocked, tapped and creaked. Ironically the Hayloft's charming bedroom is large enough easily to accommodate a 6 foot bed, which surely would be a fabulous selling point for any property? The nice soft bath towels were also minimalist, the ends only just met when I wrapped myself in it and the essentials were just about covered! The sofa desperately needs to be resprung or reupholstered, it looked inviting but unfortunately was uncomfortable. I found the pillows to be hard but my husband was OK with them, and the owner swiftly found me a softer one (thank you Ian). The kitchen area would benefit from lighting, it is very dim and difficult to work in. Although there is room for one, there is no washing machine - the cottage info states that the nearest launderette is in Scarborough - which we felt was an oversight in a spot that is typically going to be booked by walkers, cyclists and dog owners. No clothes airer either, so we had to drape wet gear round the bathroom as best we could. The bathroom was massive and crying out for a beautiful walk-in shower instead of the rather underpowered electric shower over the corner bath. The bathroom suite was probably installed in the early 1980s, judging by the style and colour. My respectful suggestion would be that the owners (indeed any owners of a holiday cottage) live, sleep and cook in their cottage for a couple of days to understand better the positives and negatives.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pretty furnishings, the warmth of the property, secure parking
Liked least: The bed and noisy central heating pipes; the sofa
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
ali_tabar...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great spot for exploring Yorkshire, cosy accommodation”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We stayed here with our 5-month old son, and had a lovely 10 days. The accommodation comprised one bedroom, an en-suite bathroom and a lounge/kitchen/diner. The bedroom was comfortably large enough for both of us and a travel cot, and the lounge was very spacious indeed. The kitchen was well-equipped and with all mod cons, and the bathroom did the job (though the shower could perhaps do with an upgrade). Overall, it was very comfortable - not 100% modern in certain respects, but by no means dated or worn.

The owners were lovely, and really helpful. The place itself had a very welcoming feel to it, not least because of the delicious cakes left for us on the first day! The village itself is really picturesque, and it is close to the busier but still pretty Pickering, and the glorious walking country of the North Yorks Moors. We were very lucky with the weather, so managed to get to the seaside a couple of times, and also fit in a few walks. We felt thoroughly relaxed and recharged at the end of our stay, and hopefully we will be back sometime.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Shower
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ibstock

Peak District
Reviewed September 11, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Your age range 65+
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$50
Night
Week
Make Inquiry
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing