“Rocklands Lodges winter retreat”
Review of Rocklands Lodges

Rocklands Lodges
Reviewed December 21, 2011

beautiful setting and stylish lodges set in between pine trees. complete privacy with own veranda. all mod cons and exceptionally high standard of cleanliness. owners are friendly and helpful giving advice on local attractions. definitely will come here again :)

Room Tip: every lodge is quiet and although semi detached the verandas and entrances are completely separate a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne186356

Reviewed November 25, 2011

Rocklands lodge is an ideal place for families with younger children, with lots of things on site to keep them amused. We went as a couple and also enjoyed our stay.
We stayed in a studio lodge and found it a good size and well equipped. The lodges are located approx half a mile from the village up an unlit country lane. The village had a pub but did lack a local shop.
As four star accommodation I was slightly disappointed to find the lodge, in places, and on close inpection was in need of a clean. The shower cubicle and sealant had mould/mildew on it and there were stains inside the fridge that should have been cleaned. Overall though the cleanliness of the lodge appeared good.
I would consider returning in the future should I find myself in north yorks again.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank jonnyaves
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Really great accommadation.Clean and very well equipped.Owners could not do enough for you and had thougt of everything that you could possibly want .Will definately be returning.
and telling all our friends to visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We have had the pleasure of staying at Rocklands several times, and have always had a wonderful break there in our favourite Studio Lodge 1
The Hosts Mr and Mrs Watson, and daughter Andrea are so very kind and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble for them.
We had problems getting up the very snow covered lane to the lodges from the village, the last time we were lucky enough to visit, but it proved no problem for Mr Watson and his daughter who kindly drove down in their four wheel drive and effortlessly tow us up the hill!
We are well travelled and when staying in an hotel, we always prefer at least 4*, but Rocklands is in a class of its own. I can honestly say that there is only one thing that you cannot rely on ....and that is the weather! On our last visit we were lucky enough to have lots of snow, and the cabin was warm and cosy, and the scenery like a winter wonderland.
Hopefully. work allowing. we will be returning there in January to a place we consider to be our "Heaven on Earth"

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Not sure what our expectations were as we have never stayed in this type of accommodation before. What a surprise..Fantastic!. Stayed in a studio, very clean, very nice, and very warm.
The only disappointment was the weather but what do you expect in October. On our first night we stayed in and sampled the fish and chips provided by the mobile caterers...lovely.
Will definitely book again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Just back home from yet another idyllic stay at Rocklands Lodges .

As usual I had a very warm welcome, and the lodge was in immaculate condition . It smelt very fresh and clean as soon as I opened the door . The bed linen as ever, was very crisp and clean; lovely to slip into after a relaxing day .

The site is family owned and run, and this is very apparent by the well appointed facilities and equipment in the lodges . Great attention to detail has been taken .

The setting is very tranquil, and the site is so well cared for . A great place to unwind & relax, it really is peace, perfect peace !

My thanks to all the family, and Linda, ( not forgetting Spike & Alfie ) for a very enjoyable stay, once more .

( Dog friendly pub in the village, nice meals . Fish & Chip van calls on site twice a week - delicious; bakery deliveries on a Wednesday , you can order in advance )

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Ternardier
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was in desperate need of a "getting away from it all" mid week break, I had a deadline on my book and was finding it impossible to do anything productive at home as I'd find everything a distraction. When I came to Rocklands, I was thrilled to find not only an inspirational location with beautiful scenery, but a gorgeous wooden lodge with all the mod cons without losing any of the character. My studio lodge was perfect for my writing retreat and I finshed my book with a day to spare to spend as I pleased - what a luxury. The lodge was clean, comfortable and had everything I needed, the owner's daughter was also very helpful when I needed advice on where to walk and what to do in the local area. I loved it so much, I'm going to treat my husband and I for our anniversary next year.

Room Tip: A good pair of walking boots.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickering
Raithwaite Estate
#1 of 2 in Flaxton
Barker Stakes Farm
Barker Stakes Farm
#2 of 45 in Pickering

Been to Rocklands Lodges? Share your experiences!