“FANDABBYDOZEY..”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
17 Hallgarth Pickering
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“FANDABBYDOZEY..”
Reviewed April 2, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

From the moment we walked in, my husband said 'I/we could live here' and that's before we even looked at all of it..We truly felt it was a home from home and that we just settled in straight away. There was also the lovely thought of a super hamper, to greet us.
Nothing was missing, the beds /pillows were so comfortable. With amenities right on the doorstep. Yet far away for there to be any loud or disturbing noises. Perfect setting with a beautiful garden even a small pond with frogs and spawn, and endless amount of little birds all enclosed and private off road parking , if you couldn't find space at the front of the house.
Ideal for visiting literally everywhere, already booked for next year and if ever we have the opportunity of going for 2 weeks we would without hesitation. Nothing too much trouble for Heather (the owner) if we had any queries.
A dream weeks holiday in an amazing cottage. Photos don't do it justice, it's big!!
Perfection !! :o)

Apr 4, 2017
What can I say except thank you for your review and your kind and positive words about our cottage. I try very hard to give my guests a 'home from home' and I am so pleased that you felt that this was true. I look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Joeliz1
uk
“Immaculate welcoming cottage.”
Reviewed February 3, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

This was our third stay in the cottage and it is now always our first choice when staying in Pickering.
The booking process is very easy and Heather is extremely friendly and helpful.
The cottage is immaculately presented, warm and homely. Lovely welcome pack provided on arrival. It has a pretty little garden which is perfect for our small dog.
The cottage is in a excellent quiet position and only a short walk into town. Very useful private car park at the rear of the property or on street parking to the front.
Pickering has lots of little shops, cafes and restaurants.
My family and I high highly recommend this delightful little cottage.

Feb 4, 2017
Thank you very much for your review and your very kind comments. I am so glad that you enjoy staying in our cottage and want to return. I try very hard to provide my guests with a home from home and always work to keep standards high. I hope very much to welcome you and your family again in the future.
Sunbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Jan 16, 2017
Thank you for such a positive review. When I was setting up the cottage I tried very hard to provide all the items that I liked to find in a property based on many years of staying in self catering properties myself. I cater for a diverse range of guests but try hard to provide what each individual group need. I think that it is this flexibility which I would state as a reason for keeping the separate shower and bath. It was already fitted when we bought the cottage and as I felt that it made good use of a challenging space while providing everything needed I saw no reason to change it. That said I am always very happy to have feedback from guests as it is invaluable for me as an owner in order to continue to keep the cottage attractive to the people who stay in it. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and would be delighted to welcome you back.
Pauline M
Bothel, Cumbria UK
“A week in Pickering”
Reviewed November 23, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

A lovely, clean,cosy cottage. When we arrived we found a welcome basket and milk awaiting us. Though the weather hasn't been so good the cottage is cosy and warm. Our dog also likes the property but it would have been good if there had been a gate so we could let her out in the garden by herself.

Nov 24, 2016
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the cottage was cosy despite the wintery weather. I try very hard to make it as homely and comfortable as possible.
Thank you for you very useful comment regarding the gate. Although the large gates can be shut we realise that this isn't always possible with a car there. You will be glad to know that I have got the joiner pencilled in to fit an additional gate as part of our annual improvements, this will be done over the next few weeks now that we have got some time between bookings.
I hope very much that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.
Reviewed November 18, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Plenty of space
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Nov 19, 2016
Thank you for your review. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay in our cottage. We aim to create a home from home for our guests and look forward to welcoming you back.
Sara W
“Excellent place to stay .”
Reviewed November 1, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

A beautiful homily place to stay
everything you need for a long or short stay. Warm comfortable and very clean . Very close to lots of places to visit . Always a great welcome from the owners Heather and family. The welcome pack is a lovely thought and full of local made things. Would highly recommend a stay in this beautiful cottage.

Nov 2, 2016
Thank you very much for your comments. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in our cottage. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Jeanette...
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Excellent property”
Reviewed May 11, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Fantastic property in excellent location. We will be booking this property again for a longer visit as 3 days not long enough to explore area. Plenty of great places to eat within walking distance. Thank you for the welcome hamper which was very much appreciated.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
May 12, 2016
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and delighted that you want to return. We try and provide a home from home for our guests and include a traditional Yorkshire welcome basket to help welcome our guests to our cottage.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing