“Lovely lunch”

Restaurant at Fox & Hounds Country Inn
Ranked #15 of 69 Restaurants in Pickering
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Cottingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My partner and I had a lovely lunch here on Saturday. The food was fresh and of good quality, and the service was efficient. Our dog was made to feel welcome too.

• Visited October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Fabulous meal and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Ate here Monday 16th September - a real treat the pub is a typical country inn with typical country inn friendly welcome. The food and service was excellent. Would highly recommend you trying this place if in the area very much doubt you will be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Langwith, United Kingdom
“Quality food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Liked the small but very nice menu, liked we could sit in the bar to have the meal were dogs are allowed loved he friendly atmosphere, the food is quality from the starter to the desert. Nothing to dislike about the place at all

Visited August 2013
1 Thank bozakev
Wales, United Kingdom
“Very good indeed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My scallops were delicious but they always are. If a star was deserved in went to my husband's choice of the lamb trio which was superlative. My choice of the sea trout was not so good because I was expecting it to be poached not seared so I was slightly disappointed. I did not think it teamed well with the risotto, which was delicious. That said, I would certainly go back as I was tired after a long drive and should have found out what I was going to get. The Cinder Toffee ice cream was wonderful.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AlfredaBelize
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We booked the stable bar for a family celebration and we would all like to say how much we enjoyed the food. We have used this room on several occasions for all kinds of celebrations - it seats 12 very comfortably and they will squeeze in another 2 at a push if everybody's happy to squash together.

The menu in comparison to other establishments is small - which is generally a good sign (clearly they watch Ramsey lol) with a good variety of game, fish and meat.

Downside for me is that i'm a vegetarian so the choice was limited to one main dish - never mind... have to say it was mediocre which is kind of what I expect when dinning out in country pubs but don't let that put you off.... my family all loved theirs especially the pigs cheeks and sea bass.

The puddings again not a lot to chose from were very nice and do try the cinder toffee ice-cream.... lovely.

The service was efficient and very helpful.

• Visited August 2013