We have recently returned from a 4-night stay at The Woodlands Hotel where the owners, Mark and Nicole (who also run it on a daily basis) can be justly proud of the service they provide to their guests. This is an extremely well run small hotel, primarily offering B&B accommodation but with the option of an evening meal if required. A warm welcome greeted our arrival, and plenty of infomation on Saundersfoot and surrounding area was available.
Breakfast was substantial, superbly cooked and beautifully presented. Choices included cereals, fruit, fruit juices, yoghurt, full Welsh/English breakfast, with variations on the theme, toast and preserves and ample tea/coffee. We dined in one evening and, again, we were able to select from an extensive A La Carte menu. The evening meal was probably the best we sampled during our stay in Saundersfoot, which was comparable in quaity to any 5* restaurant meal. All meals are prepared by Nicole herself, and served by Mark.
Our en-suite bedroom on the second floor, with a sea view, was large, airy and spotlessly clean, with full bathroom, toiletries and quality towels.
The well kept gardens, which are open to guests, comprise a large lawn with borders containing colourful summer flowers and plants and, whilst not obligatory to play with ther friendly dogs, we enjoyed their company and 'throwing the ball'.
This was our third visit in recent years and we would not hesitate to stay at The Woodlands again in the future. Extremely good value for money.
Well situated and within walking distance of he beach, restaurants and other attractions.
Everywhere was spotlessly clean and the owners are to be congratulated on their hard work and dedication in ensuring their guests enjoy a comfortable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small guest accommodation 450 yards village centre and 200 yards from the beach, all rooms en suite, superior rooms are larger with sea view, standard rooms overlook the garden. Free off road parking. Fully licenced, bar leads onto the beer garden. On the Pembrokeshire coastal path route. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Woodlands Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel Saundersfoot
- The Woodlands Hotel Saundersfoot, Wales