TripAdvisor

Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We want all our guests to be happy with their whole experience at Coast. Achieving such a simple aim isn't easy of course. But we are working hard to make it happen. Our beautiful purpose built restaurant is right on the shoreline - just metres away from the lovely golden sands of Coppet Hall. You'll have unrivalled views of sea and sky. Using, wherever possible, locally sourced Pembrokeshire ingredients, Thomas Hine and his team prepare dishes with skill, experience & creativity. At Coast we pride ourselves on offering a unique combination of informal and professional service. We want you to feel welcomed and relaxed.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really looking forward to having lunch here! The location is fabulous, the staff attentive. Ordered the 3 course lunch for £29, we both ordered the beignet in a volute, husband had sea bream, I had chicken with girolle risotto, my husband preferred a tart tatin from the main menu and I ordered a sticky toffee pudding. Presentation was brilliant and dish looked a picture. When our first course arrived I did query the beignet as I cook them myself, as it looked more like a glorified small ball of fish cake. I was told that beignet come in many coatings, not in my book!?!?!? The volute was excellent. My chicken was cooked perfectly as was the risotto and the charred broccoli a joy. My husband had sea bream, only one fillet( he was more than happy but knowing how reasonable in price sea bream is) it looked a bit mean. Both dishes presented really well, the pudding for me was not very caramely and just tasted of sugar, again quite mean. The tart tatin was delicious but an extra £2 was added to the bill which surprised me as again very cheap ingredients and simple to make. Will I go again? Maybe just to see if it has improved, but only once more.

1  Thank retepsnikpoh
Write a reviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful setting and the service was excellent.
Food was lovely and very well presented.
Deserved 5 stars and would definitely recommend to others.

1  Thank katee29
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a walk along the beach near Saundersfoot, we followed some old rail tunnels to the pleasant park at Coppet hill, where Coast restuarant is located. A bit hungry after our walk, and charmed by the sea views, we made a booking for dinner. We started be excited when the seasoned butter was brought out on a smooth grey rock from the coastline, cold from the freezer with crusty bread. The first course, a silky polenta with broccoli and parmesan was much better than we had expected, and as readers of my previous reviews will know, I look forward to places where chefs know how to make vegetarian food work. Our increased expectations were not disappointed when the next course arrived, a generous serving of beets with goat's cheese and walnuts. the flavour was so delicius that I asked the waitress whether the vegtables were orgnaically grown. She was not sure, but must have asked, as soon aterwards another waiter, Matt, came to talk to us at length about the origins of the food. He told us that the food is indeed organically grown at a nearby town, Narberth, where they have a sister restaurant called Grove. The main, a cauliflower dish was very tasty, but the desserts were even more remarkable. My husband enjoyed a simple but exquisite chocolate sphere, while my peanut flavoured ice cream was so delicious that when we were supposed to swap half way through, I could not give up my peanut delight! My husband commented to Matt that the chef deserved a Michelin star, and was told that he also cooks in a kitchen with TWO Michelin stars, but likes to cook more country style at Coast!

1  Thank zela B
Reviewed September 12, 2019

We had the five course dinner menu and matching wine flight. The food was excellent, the wines well paired and the wine waitress very good at explaining her pairings, while also being receptive to comment in a very engaging way. It’s a good sign when the most negative thing I could say is that I could have done with a fork for the pre-dessert. A very enjoyable evening, and good value at the price.

2  Thank Alex G
Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

The location of the Coast Restaurant is situated on what must be one of the most splendid coastlines for holiday makers wishing to explore Pembrokeshire or simply relax on the beach. The food served is outstanding in all respects but in an environment that is not pretentious but very relaxed and enjoyable. Having travelled the world and enjoyed the very best restaurants, why isn’t this restaurant Michelin star!!? Fantastic food at a reasonable cost with first class service is hard to beat. I’ll be back!

3  Thank joemcgeehan