“lovely indian”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 11, 2014

a 5 star indian food has great flavours really enjoyed our takeaway from here definitely recommend this place

1  Thank clare j

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Have eaten here a few times and never been let down. Service is always speedy and polite. Have to take your own alcohol which suits us.

The egg fried rice is amazing as is the chicken bhuna!

Prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food. Portions are large!

Johnny and Paula

2  Thank Johnny C
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Never disappointed here. Good service and prices, bring your own alcohol. Will keep going back to try more choices from the menu.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed over on business for a couple of days in Sandersfoot and had reviewed the Bengal Spice before I went and planned to visit. First night had classic lamb vindaloo with special rice and a Keema nann. Bit disappointed the sauce was not so good as too thick with a basic flavour and the heat was not as hot as it should be, though the lamb was ok. Nann was average and the rice better than the rest of the meal.
Going by the reviews this was not what I had expected, and though it was cheap as I bought my drink across the road at the supermarket,I has expected more. Also as I was the only one in there it should have been better.
Not content when I returned to my hotel that night I planned to return the next night for a second evening.
In for another go and still the only one in there ( wed night ) went for chilli masala and asked for it to be made with naga's rather then the green finger chillis he had said it was to be made with.
Glad I went back. The curry was a 4 1/2 out of 5, would have been a 5 if it had been a bit hotter but the flavour was very good, excellent sauce, and the lamb again was fine. rice was good again and the nann was moist and how I like it but could have had a bit more meat inside.
When I return in a month I will go back for a couple of nights as I've got the hang of the Bengal Spice.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very good Indian restaurant, good portions with several options even if it is not on the menu. Prices are fair and should you order a take away, the give you 10% discount for picking it up yourself. Good addition to Saundersfoot.