“Sadly gone downhill !!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wiseman's Bridge Inn

Wiseman's Bridge Inn
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Amroth, Wales
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sadly gone downhill !!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

We visited the Wismans' Bridge, mid week, mid January, We were a large party and the resturant was very nearly empty. I ordered the gammon, which, according to the menu came complete with pineapple. No pineapple, and if I am honest, I have had thicker bacon, the gammon at first glance look sufficient, however, it was actually two pieces of extremely thin gammon placed on top of each other, the rest of the partys' meal were good. However, the 'sweet menu' came hand written on a scrap of paper, with very little choice, not a good image, the service was slow, and left a lot to be desired, no one came to check that all was ok, or to offer coffee etc, needless to say I will not be returning, which is a shame because as a local, I feel that I could not recommend it either.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank 194LLC

Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Great food good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a great meal with good beer . The food was outstanding. A real pub serving a range of food worth eating. We will definitely be visiting again. Worth the walk down the beach from Saundersfoot.

Visited October 2013
uk
“Worst fish pie ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I both ordered fish pie. Big mistake. Mash at the bottom, diced veg on top a few bits of diced fish with cheese all over the top. No sauce. At £9.95 each I could hardly believe it when it came served in what I would call a stainless steel curry dish with two handles. It may well have been the day before's left over veg.
Meanwhile behind the bar the Lads were wrestling with each other or wrapping themselves in what appeared to be blue paper towel.
If the food had not been so bad we may have eaten here on several other occasions.
What a shame a beautiful spot is spoilt by poor food, the worst food we had anywhere in our 8 days in Wales

1 Thank screennamechalky
London
“Dire!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Many years ago when we visited Tenby we would come here for a quite drink in the evening. Decided to book a table and have a meal here with my two Daughters and gran daughter who is 2 yrs old after reading good reviews. Arrived to be told to sit at the bar and order a drink as they hadn't yet finished laying up the tables. Ten minutes later we were sat at our table. We ordered, white bait x 2, fried chicken pieces and garlic bread as a starter. The garlic bread was a simple baguette with grated cheese wrapped and served in foil, the chicken and white bait was unpleasant, but nothing could have prepared us for the main course of lamb shank, Stilton chicken x 2 and chicken nuggets and chips. Extremely unpleasant to look at and to eat too. All I can say is I am surprised that the store ICELAND wasn't next door because it was most definitely food from the shop...I don't have a problem eating ICELANDS food but I don't expect to pay £15 to £18 per meal for the privilege. There was a group of four people on the table next to us who pretty much made the same choices as we did and they were most obviously not impressed too.
Come on Wisemans Bridge Inn...get your act together!
Will not return.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank kagriff4
“Dont use their broadband its a rip off.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Paid £15.00 for a mobth worked once. Staff were totally un interested in my complaint & suggested I contact their service provider even though I had paid them.

• Visited September 2013