Sunnyvale Holiday Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Merlewood Hotel(Saundersfoot)
  • Pool
St Brides Spa Hotel(Saundersfoot)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewskids clubgames roomsmall shopparty gamesclub entertainmentplay areapool partymain campexcellent entertainmenttakeaway servicefolly farmevery eveningaway from the roadclean tidychildren and adultslovely placeexcellent holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We booked our holiday direct with the site (rather than Hoseasons) and selected a lovely looking caravan entitled e6. We were in 36 & when we signed in, the reception said "You've got the nicest van on the site". It had 2 bedrooms, ours was ensuite with a TV in the room, the kids had a bathroom to themselves. The kitchen was modern & very well equipped with 2 comfy sofas in the lounge. The only issue was our bed...lumpy as anything, slept really badly and back crippled every day!!!
Outside, full decking with furniture which many vans didn't have.
The van was is a great spot & overlooked the play area and you could see upto the launderette/toilet block, so I could keep an eye on the kids.
The kids used the pool on a couple of occasions and it looks nothing like the photos. It was a bit smelly and the kids said they felt greasy when they got out. It's only 1m deep, so not great for bigger kids who want to jump in. There was no lifeguard, so you have to go & supervise.
There is an arcade for the kids to hang out in. The clubhouse was really large with "a nice pint" according to my man. Deano was a good compare but looked bored at times, especially as it's a bit samey each night. Not our thing and reminded us of the bar in the programme Benidorm.
Saundersfoot was a hilly 15-20 min walk, and there's not always taxis in the week to bring u back. The Royal Oak the only pub we found & served really nice food.
I would recommend parking on South Beach in Tenby, £2 all day and on a lovely beach and a short stroll into town.
We had a walk around Narberth one day and Pembroke Castle (lovely but Pembroke is a bit tired and run down).
I wouldn't go back again to that area, but book with the site to get a better van!

3  Thank jacko383
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Just returned from sunny vale and had a lovely time. lovely caravan although it was backed up on to quite a busy lane and was quite noisy with the buses and cars passing. didnt spend a great deal of time on the site or use much of the facilities but did go to the club house on one occasion. (Deano) the childrens entertainer was wonderfull with the children and kept them entertained. The singer was great and to be honest I would pay to see him again!! The bar staff were not the politest of people, especially the blonde one who took your order by saying "ye?". The food looked lovely that they were serving to customers and looked plentyfull. My daughter had a hotdog which cost £2.80 and was a tinned hotdog with a defrosted bun which was pretty rubbish.
But we did enjoy ourselves, spent loads of time in saundersfoot and in tenby and the kids loved it. Theres a little cafe next to the £1.20 shop in saundersfoot which sold baguettes and cakes, teas and coffee's to take away or sit in which was good value for money and all the girls working there were lovely and friendly, really pleasent.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank leanne d
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a week and yes we were in caravan 51. The seats were still broken and yes the shower was cracked, did it ruin our holiday not at all. Great place to go nice friendly staff and a good base to explore. Saundersfoot beach and Tenby beaches are picturesque clean and have toilets shops and cafes. We visited Oakwood and at £92 four 7 of us was great value. A trip to Caldy Island on the boat is great especially if you have nice weather. Sunnyvale stars bar was great fun at night especially due to Deano he was a star. Don't rely to heavily on reviews on here make up your own mind.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Foodjunkie38
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Overall we enjoyed our stay at Sunnyvale, I felt that I was able to see evidence of the comments made in the good and the bad reviews. Firstly the site is very pretty, its surroundings are clean and well maintained, lovely green areas for children to play on and a lovely park area. We stayed in an 8 birth caravan, it was a little tired as it was an older caravan, rather than some of the newer models that are on the site. Although not the same caravan mentioned in another review, this caravan also had crack in shower tray, but extremely well filled so no obvious leaks. Having said this it was still a lovely caravan, comfortable and homely (as homely as a caravan could be). We stayed at a Haven site earlier this year in a brand new caravan which was also lovely but this was considerably more 'old school'. We liked it a lot. Some caravans on the site backed on to a very steep drop (fencing present but could do with more) and the caravans seemed precariously placed (part of the caravans were jutting out over the drop), had we stayed in one of those I don't think we would have felt comfortable with safety (I wouldn't have slept at night!) especially with small children. Although I maybe being a little over cautious as I am sure health and safety checks will have been carried out. The swimming pool is very handy, although the water was a bit cloudy and didn't look so inviting at closer inspection (as close as a quick swim with the children). Changing facilities were beautifully decorated although it may have benefited from more regular checks as not everyone using these potentially lovely facilities demonstrated the respect they deserved. We only made one visit to the pool, would have been there every day if it were not for these factors. A useful onsite shop, selling basics (some more expensive than if purchased off site, but this is normal for onsite shops I think?). A lovely club house, very comfortable and welcoming, 'pub like' in its appearance, way more welcoming than club houses at Haven sites, as it is more cosy. Excellent evening entertainment for the children, Deano (I think that's correct) the entertainer is great with the children, keeping them entertained with good old party games that they loved! It was really lovely to watch the children play and I would have hired him for my children's birthday party if he was not so far away! Bingo was fun, but ran quite late so did not get to stay for the remainder of the entertainment which was a shame. As was noted in another review, staying near the club house can be very noisy at night so not so good for light sleepers (request a caravan further away), it didn't bother us at all, but I could see where it could be a bother. Cars coming and going as the club closes for the night and people leaving the club could be quite noisy, it was also possible to hear music from the club. Lovely food at the club, again, when you include the drinks the total could be a little pricey however this is true of the Tenby area generally. Bar staff were not overly friendly and could be quite irritable if you were not quick enough for them, even if there wasn't anyone else waiting to be served, it would have been nice to have been welcomed in the evening by friendly and welcoming bar staff (that was a little disappointing). There is a small arcade next to the club's main room, although machines are temperamental, quite often don't pay out when you win and I would say avoid this little section (easier said than done with little ones). There are extra charges for things like extra parking spaces (and sometimes other holidaymakers do not respect that people have paid for spaces which is a pain). There is also a charge for internet, which did not work so I obtained a refund. I would say that a car is advisable for this holiday, you need to drive to any of the main areas and surrounding attractions. General tip for Tenby, shop around for food, meals tend to be expensive, but there was a lovely little cafe called Dolly Doos (I think that's right?) that was very reasonable and lovely food. Very disappointed with Feccis (the one nearest the 5 arches that display lovely cakes in the window) very unfriendly and unwelcoming staff, given her demeanour I would have taken one of the women as the owner who was very rude. They also charge you to eat their ice-cream in the shop! They charge £1.50 for single scoop on a cone and when they ring in the total on the till you discover it is higher? This happened to us and when I asked why I was told 'we charge 50p extra to eat Ice cream (purchased there) indoors!' shocking! one family came in and were charged £4 extra that they did not expect! Be aware! Definitely recommend a visit to Caldy Island (but take your own food!) and also Pembroke Castle is beautiful! Lots to do for children. Folly farm is also great! Anyway back to Sunnyvale, overall I'd go back there, good old fashioned holiday fun with the expected ups and downs of camping. Hope this helps :)

5  Thank Shayp35
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just got back from this holiday at Sunnyvale caravan park to say this is supposed to be a 4 star park i would not give it 2 stars.For anyone going to stay there be aware of caravan No 51 as there are so many faults with this caravan starting with the single beds they are ok if you are about 3 foot tall the shower tray is cracked and floods the bathroom floor ,the stools in the living room area are unsafe and you have to keep screwing the screws back in the seat most days i have a list of faults which have been forwarded to the companies to get resolved i would not recommend this caravan park.

4  Thank redmanc5