I've just returned from a two night stay in St Brides with my mum, we booked the Mother's Day package a couple of months ago which included dinner, 90 mins in the spa, breakfast, and an orchid in the room on arrival.
We adored our stay from start to finish and can not fault it. As we'd booked early we were upgraded to a "Better room with sea view" which was stunning. I love the fact that each room has a bath, rather than simply a shower. We slept well and could not hear noise from other rooms.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 90 minute use of the spa, the details of which are on the website, but which include a sauna, two steam rooms, small warm outdoor pool overlooking Saundersfoot, and a 'relaxation room' for a herbal tea and magazine with once again, amazing views. I appreciated that there are specific time slots as it meant that the area was never over crowded, making it special and relaxed. 90 minutes was about right. We didn't have any treatments.
Food was lovely. Window seats are given on a first-come-first-served basis and are probably worth booking an earlier dinner. We especially liked the fish dishes, and puddings! The homemade bread was often still warm and delicious with the real butter, yum yum. Breakfast offers a selection of: fruit salad, dried fruit and nuts, cereals, yoghurts, pastries, toast, pancakes, fish, eggs, and a cooked breakfast. Equally as tasty as dinner time.
We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. They actually seemed to care about your stay. There was the opportunity to replenish tea and coffee (and toffee waffles!) in your room in the evening if needed.
It is only a two minute walk to Saundersfoot village, and is on the Pembrokeshire coastal path. We walked along it East to Amroth on our first day and West to Tenby on our second.
One thing - a pre-authorisation of the amount of your stay plus £50 per person is taken from your debit/credit card on check-in. If you don't spend anything during your stay the pre-authorisation is cancelled and you pay 'again', if you spend more than £50 per person you pay the difference.I didn't feel as though this was explained well and felt a bit mistrusted, but it wasn't a problem.
Overall, a truly luxurious stay. At full price I won't be running back immediately but I may start saving!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A destination spa hotel with 46 rooms, 20 with sea view and balcony. Cliff top restaurant and marine spa with thermal suite and infinity edge vitality pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your St Brides Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Brides Hotel Saundersfoot
- St Brides Saundersfoot
- St Brides Spa Hotel Saundersfoot, Wales