“Seafood with a sea view”
Review of Beachside Barbecue

Beachside Barbecue
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Beachside Barbecue opened in May 2016 as a new concept for Saundersfoot. Located by Saundersfoot harbour, overlooking the beach. We're all about Brisket, Ribs, Chicken and Fish. Featuring melt in the mouth, "low and slow" authentic barbecue cooked in our Hard Wood Pit Smoker (all the way from the USA) and a Lump Wood Charcoal Oven. Taking reservations or walk ins we look forward to welcoming you to Beachside Barbecue.
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Fresh fish perfectly cooked. The seafood platter was absolutely delicious.
Very reasonably priced given the quality of the food, very generous portions and location.
Panoramic views from the window tables.

We all chose fish but there was a good range of meat dishes.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

2 course meal @ £12.95

Cooked dinner ordered, Drinks ordered, Food arrived, Roast Potatoes were so hard we told the waiter who promptly laughed at us? Not the best start, when the replacements finally arrived we were almost at the end of our meals, and although piping hot, i mean the potatoes, they were again rock hard!

The puddings were what they say on the tin, nothing special, except the serious cracks in the corckery, for those who are not aware, you should not serve food in cracked crockery as it harbours bacteria! When we informed yet another waitress she just said ok, thanks!

At the point of boil over, and when paying for the bill, a generous £3 discount was applied to our bill, for a pudding? Ok, Thanks for that, But we wont be coming back, and anther note for you. I have taken the time to write to EHO and placed the copies of the photos that we have taken and sent them in for their review!

We wont be coming back, and its such a shame, it has the potential of being a real nice place, Im sure they just pray on tourists! Less than impressed!

2  Thank David G
StBrides, Owner at Beachside Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your review and for visiting The Mermaid. We are a small, family run restaurant and have been serving locals as well as visitors to the area for over 20 years providing hot meals all day every day. I am disappointed to read your comment and have discussed them in detail, with our Restaurant Manager.

I am sorry if you misinterpreted your waiters friendly manner. We have a fantastic team in The Mermaid who tried their best to rectify your displeasure. Over 100 lunches were served that day and had we been given the opportunity to replace your dessert before consumption, we would have.

After many years of trading, we have a built up a great relationship with our local EHO and are proud to have recently been awarded a hygiene rating of 5 out of 5.

We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Hwyl fawr
Andrew

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've been coming to Saundersfoot since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, and whereas I was reasonably impressed by this restaurant 5 years ago, I was so disappointed with the food this time, I couldn't finish it. The garlic bread I SWEAR was shop bought, my partner took most of his time trying not to choke on far too many bones in his fish (he had a similar fish at another restaurant and this was deboned) and I found it all rather disappointing. The service was ok, it's nice that they have ales on tap, but I wouldn't go back, which is a real shame as it has a lovely outlook over the beach.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We first visited in 2011 while on holiday and again only last week! The food is excellent, tasty and very well presented, yes you do have to wait a while for the food to be cooked and yes that is stated on the menu! (for those reviewers that had to wait and moan about it take yourself and your kids to the local chippy!! Obviously it's not for you!). I would highly recommend the Seafood Platter! The staff are very nice and polite and nothing is too much trouble, they are a credit to the restaurant, hopefully we will return in 2013! Just wish we had such a good restaurant nearer home.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We visited because we have had lovely, great alum cream teas in the past. Super view of te beach. They have hanged the menu and it is still the same price. Used to get scone,welsh Akers and bara brith plus pot of tea. Now just a scone. Disappointing. Would pay extra to have more.

1  Thank Amanda C