“Tea for two with toasted tea cakes”

Periwinkle Tearoom & Pottery
Ranked #17 of 46 Restaurants in Saundersfoot
Description: Family run Tearoom, Bistro and Deli in the beautiful seaside village of Saundersfoot. We serve quality Fresh local food, homebaking and we are licensed to serve alcohol, we have a lovely range of Local Beers, Ciders and Gins and a fabulous selection of quality Wines. Within the Bistro we have a Deli area and Bakery offering a choice of local and award winning produce. We also have a fun Ceramic painting Studio for anybody fancying something fun and relaxing to do, great for all ages, come and let your artistic talents flow!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wondering along in Saundersfoot we were in the mood for a cuppa and a little something or other. We popped our heads in a tea shop but it was so very noisy we didn't even go through the door. We continued walking and found this beautiful tearoom. Well laid out, helpful staff, tea and yummy toasted tea cakes for two - and there was a table set up to paint a piece of pottery while you were there - some people were collecting their pieces of painted potter and they looked amazing! We didn't have time to on the day we visited - we'll be back to give it a go.

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

We visited today for lunch. The cafe was very busy and we had to wait a while for food but we drank drinks, played cards and enjoyed the atmosphere. Pottery looked like fun too. Food was very good, only scored as 4 due to very long wait- but a lovely place we would return to. Dog friendly. Child friendly. High chairs.

Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

I've been eating here for years, I've even recommended this Tearoom in the past to other people and I've always looked forward to visiting here, but Periwinkle has gone downhill and nose-dived. Floors are filthy, tables are filthy, we had to clean our own table, and staff take ages to clear the tables of previous occupants plates and cups. Toilets need updating desperately. Meals take quite a while to arrive. My meal was not hot when it arrived, it was merely warm. The egg was barely cooked and still raw and slimy on top, the sausages are that disgusting that not even the dog would touch it, bacon was very tough and chewy. You don't get much food for the price either. Whilst everyone else I was dining with got their orders with no problems, I had to ask for the cup of tea that I ordered because they forgot it, and they also forgot my piece of toast for my meal which I also had to ask for, and there was no sort of apology from the staff considering they forgot two parts of my meal. When I finally got my piece of toast I had it thrust at me and in the end I could only eat half of it because there was some kind of weird blob on the other half. The cups also have a strong smell of cleaning products. They are dog friendly but don't let a certain female member of staff catch you feeding anything from your plate to your pet because apparently it's offensive. Not all staff are like this, however, one lovely gentleman gave my little dog a doggie biscuit and even brought him a few more because my little dog loved the homemade dog biscuit that much. I'm sorry to say that I felt the staff were not particularly welcoming and just want to get rid of you so they can have the table for the next customer. After years of eating at Periwinkle I fear my latest visit was my last and I will no longer recommend this Tearoom in future.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

Visited for lunch, told a wait for food, but did not appreciate how long it would be. We had long finished our coffee before the food came which was a shame as the food was lovely.

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

The wait for the food was atrocious, we waited an hour for toast that was hardly cooked and a not tasty hot chocolate. It was a shame that it was like that because the cafe looks lovely, and is decorated so nicely. It was very slow service, when there was a lot of staff just stood there doing nothing. What a shame x

Date of visit: March 2019