“Yum!”

Grills Steakhouse
Ranked #9 of 100 Restaurants in Pontypridd
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Porth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Really enjoyed, the food was just as I ordered, lovely. Nice inside, decor, clean and very comfortable, service was good.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank allynut

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good good...no atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My son had been here previously with his teenage friends and I think that's the clientele that would enjoy it most - big portions, well cooked. My sirloin was great, cooked as I wanted it, great home made chips. No t bones available for my husband but both my sons loved their burgers. But there should be more attention to the little things - get the door fixed! The menus have lots of spelling mistakes and are dirty, chipped nail varnish on waitresses. There is no atmosphere - too quiet, I don't remember any music at all. If you want to be a professional
restaurant, get the little things sorted out

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Nice food but small place lacking atmos!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Steak was really good and ribs nice too. Girls were helpful serving also. Place is small and could do with dimmer lights! Felt a bit like a cafe rather than steakhouse.
I would go again tho!

Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We went to the Grills Steakhouse tonight after hearing some very good things about it... and we certainly weren't disappointed. We received excellent service.. the atmosphere was very friendly and our meals arrived quickly.. I had the t bone steak and it was simply delicious. The men had mixed grills and cleared their plates.. the coleslaw is a must too as it is fabulous. The chips were gorgeous.. really chunky home make chips .
We all really enjoyed our meals and will be returning again very shortly.
Wouldnt hesitate to recommend this place. Nicest meal i have had in a long time.

1 Thank Amanda K
Blackwood, United Kingdom
“shocking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

went there yesterday for my birthday meal as i heard some good reviews and really fancied a grill house.
people who give this good reviews really need to get out more IMO and my reasons are to follow.
I couldnt not have the 40oz mix grill as they dont do larger meals between 12-3 but it does not state that on the menu so had to settle for the 20oz. I reminded the waitress that i would like my steak done rare but i was shocked with her reply to say "its will be medium to well done as all our mix grills are pre cooked"!! cant see how you can call yourself a grill house when you have pre cooked meat and charge fresh food rates.
i ordered my sons food off the childs menu and it stated 2 sausages chips and beans but the meal came with only 1 i told the waitress and she brought us one not long after which was cooked in the deep fat fryer and to top it all off i was given a bill for £87 from the night before!
i wont go on any more and i have never wasted my time typing out a review but if your charging high prices then i expect good food and service.
i will say the girl servicing us was really nice and pretty helpful at the beginning but when the place filled out (12 people max) she got a bit flustered but we have to learn at some point.
in a nut shell if you want the same food but pay half the price visit a Brewster Faye and a Witherspoons

2 Thank Dr D
Pontykev, Owner at Grills Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thankyou for you feedback.

I need to address a couple of points
The waitress that served you on Sunday is fairly new so I am not sure which menu you were given, we will talk to her about a few of points you have raised.
We have a Lunch menu we advertise this on our website
www.grillssteakhouse.co.uk
We offer a reduced menu at lunch because this is what is normally enough to satisfy most people, however you should have been given a 40oz mixed grill if you wanted one.
I am not sure why you were told things were pre-cooked because that is not true the kitchen is mostly open so you could see your food cooking and we normally cook mixed grills to a medium well due to the thickness of the steaks they normally include but again the chef would have tried to accommodate you if possible.
I was having a meal in the restaurant on Sunday and i did hear the waitress apologise and say she had given you the bill for the next table of 8.
The restaurant has 10 tables of 4 which is 40 not 12

As I said the waitress serving you is fairly new and we did make a couple of mistakes, we will address these issues.