“Real Food, Real Ale, Real Friendly”
Review of The Crown Inn

The Crown Inn
Ranked #6 of 105 Restaurants in Pontypridd
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Having been a customer of this pub for many years, I have now returned since being taken over by Craig and his family. It truely is a very different place. The atmosphere and staff are nothing short of brilliant! The food is of a very high standard with a good selection of beers, wines and spirits. Like their slogan - Real Food, Real Ale, Real Friendly. Believe the majority of the reviews here and not the ridiculously low scores.

Would definately recommend to anyone and everyone!

There are newer reviews for The Crown Inn

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Decided to give this pub a try as we knew it was under new ownership/management. So glad, as food was great, really tasty, good presentation, pleasant staff and nice atmosphere. Just like to pubs we used to visit in West Wales some years ago. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Decided to give the Crown a try for Sunday lunch today and knew it was under new ownership/management, wasn't disappointed, best Sunday lunch for ages. I haven't had one like this since we used to regularly venture to west wales some years ago, proper home cooked food. Good value too and you don't get charged for two courses if you only want a main, like some other pubs. I will definitely be going back if I can get in that is!

1  Thank Sue D
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I had only recently been to the Crown in 2013 when I heard that there were new landlords who had taken over around christmas 2013. Whilst I had enjoyed my meal previously the service was not so good and I probably wouldn't have gone back. I am so glad I did.

We had a very warm welcome from the landlord and all the staff, as did everyone else I saw in the pub today. I ordered a Goats cheese and med veg crumble as a starter, with Roast Beef sunday dinner to follow. The starter was perfect for me, I love goats cheese and this was unusual, but tasty and very moreish. The main had a generous portion of beef with a tonne of fresh veg cooked perfectly and some delicious gravy. I will be going back and would recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank kankuchick
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Had another great night at The Crown with Craig Naomi and Kim. The weather was appalling so it was great to step inside to a wonderfully warm pub and an even warmer greeting. The friendly atmosphere and customer care is superb.

The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. I was there with three friends we all had two courses each every one different and we thoroughly enjoyed, no complaints. The wine was exceptional and again a great price! This was my third time to eat at The Crown since Craig took over and I would recommend it to anyone.

Looking forward to many more evenings with the new Aussie landlord and his lovely Welsh family.

2  Thank Ashliemaria