“Really great Italian food”
Review of Trattoria

Trattoria
Ranked #1 of 106 Restaurants in Pontypridd
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: CF37 1QJ, phone 01443 404443
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Greta service, eventhough really busy. Seafood was very good and the lemon cheesecake was most definitely homemade. We will be back.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Excellent food excellent atmosphere!! As soon as i turned up to the restaurant earlier to take my mams birthday cake the girl asked if i would like her to put up the balloons and banners ready for when my mam came. All 12 of us said how nice thier food was. Everyone had different meals from seabass..steak and pasta...:)) they brought the cake out and turned all.lights.down with happy birthday playing..brilliant!! My mam was very pleased 2 and shes hard to please.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

If Royston Vasey had an Italian restaurant then it would probably be Trattoria. I would not be surprised if Talbot Green was probably the inspiration for the fictional home of the League of Gentlemen.

Staying in Cardiff for the weekend, our Welsh friends had recommended their Midland visitors to eat on Thursday evening at the Trattoria, while they did other things. An omen that smelt of 'local food for local people'! Getting to Talbot Green was a major feat - the cabbie from Cardiff had never heard of the place and thanks to his sat. nav. he finally dropped us outside this very Italian looking place, engulfed by Mediterranean plants in terra cotta pots and Neapolitan style grilles at the windows.

I had booked a table for six at 7.30pm, and we were welcomed by the staff and shown to a table at the rear of the restaurant, also occupied by a local hen party of thirty. The menu looked very authentic and the meals rushing out of the kitchen looked good. Between us we selected a range of starters and mains and I bucked my usual habit - when in an Italian in the UK, of not ordering pasta - by ordering a pasta dish. I was not disappointed by my penne with Italian sausage in a tasty tomato sauce. It was very good. Our other diners chose fish dishes and again they were fresh, tasty and authentic Neapolitan plates. Yes, the service was a little slow but we were in no rush and the waiters had those 30 loud hens to satisfy! We had three bottles of Gavi and bottles of sparkling water and some of us had enough space for an Italian dessert. We were all very impressed with the quality and value of our food.

So to our departure - a local taxi back to Cardiff, fifteen miles away. Could the restaurant order us a Talbot Green cab for 10.30pm? Yes, of course.

Sorry, no taxis until at least 11.30pm! Visitors to Royston Vasey never left! Were we destined for the same end? We thought so, until we finally persuaded a Cardiff cabbie to come and collect us at a premium charge. As we waited for that illusive black taxi, the hen party left for their homes around the corner - 'a good local Italian for local people!'

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this restaurant - have been on numerous occasions so decided to book it for my birthday. there was 18 of us so we all pre-ordered and I popped the order down the previous day. arrived at the Italian, sat down and had took our drinks order and started chatting away looking forward to our food! My friend and her partner had 2 Peroni's plopped down infront of them - when they explained that they didnt order Peroni and that they had ordered a cider and a glass of wine the response from the waitress was 'well I dont know who ordered them so can you ask who ordered them' which we were a bit shocked by! When it come to our food being served it was literally a case of try and listen to them shouting out the different types of meals which took a good 5 minutes for everyone to recieve their orders whereas if the waitress had just looked at the pre-order form she could see who had what which annoyed me a bit as one of the party was waiting a good 5 minutes for his side of chps to be delivered with his steak. The food was fantastic - cant fault that- best meals iv had in a LONG time. The service was not.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Absolutely gorgeous food. Hats off to the chief who cooked the various selection of sea food with an expertise not often demonstrated in complacent high end establishments. Atmosphere very comfortable an service spot on! Pop in you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Visitingtonight