“Will stay there again”

Blueberry Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pontypridd
“Will stay there again”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Needed a hotel that was near Muni Arts Centre, fitted the bill about two minutes walk away, on arrival staff were helpful and polite, room was clean and tidy with ample tea and coffee, bedding clean, bed very comfortable, chose full English breakfast which was excellent. Only have a couple of niggles, soap dispensers in bathroom were empty, and despite booking our room well in advance of our stay,my daughter and I could only get a double room, not a twin, good job we don't snore!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

With only 9 room's, I'm sure the housekeepers could do a better job cleaning the rooms. Stained carpets and a bit of grime in the washrooms and the lift is a bit unsteady. This aside, the place is nicely designed and is quite comfortable. All in all a decent little B&B.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night having spent the day driving my brother back to university, all I wanted to do was pass out asleep but the noise was unbearable! I was told the club would be shut by 2am at the latest but the noise lasted all night leaving me sleepless and fed up, on complaining to the person on reception I was told there was nothing they could do and no refund or even partial refund would be given. Not only did I not sleep but there were little issues such as no soap in the bathroom and stains on the carpet. Would not recommend staying here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Afghanistan
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We arrived mid-afternoon Easter Monday in Pontypridd by train from London via Cardiff. We hadn't booked to stay anywhere. After a cold walk around a town centre that was all but shut down, we went into the Blueberry Hotel on the recommendation of a local.
It seemed like it was the only accommodation option in the town. I am happy to stnad corrected on this.
There was a double room available for £69per night (Plus £10 for breakfast). We were the only guests in the 9 room hotel.
The room was well appointed with comfty bed and reasonably well heated although not overly so. Bathroom included a bath.
Great TV reception with cable.
Breakfast was an interesting experience. Cereals were boxed and no museli option and no yoghurt or fruit of any shape or form. Both mornings we stayed, we had to ask for toaster to be plugged in and on day one, for bowls and spoons for the cereal. Young waiter was friendly enough. Poached eggs were just OK and on brown bread as requested which meant we lost our brown bread from the buffet and it didn't return.
Quaint town with great museum. Do stay at the Blueberry but give the breakfast a miss although there are few other options early in the day.

Room Tip: Room 8 had quite thin walls between it and room 9. Could hear neighbour snoring. Not sure if other...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kand_Afghanistan
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Blueberry many times, and have always thought of it as alittle jewel.
I toke my friends there for a meal and I was so dissapointed, the menu had changed all fast food nothing like the great menu they had before, the young lady who served us was run off her feet, the toilet very dirty. I will not be returning so sad as it was a great place to eat, and always had great food, changed and not for the better

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business.

Checkin was great, the girl on desk was lovely and couldnt do enough for me. The room was beautiful and so comfortable and the food in the restaurant was amazing.

The only complaints I have that stop me from leaving a 5 star review are the fact that my TV didn't work and I couldn't be moved to another room as the hotel was fully booked, which is an issue for a female lone traveller with nothing else to do, but I could look past it for one night, but my main issue was with the fact that when I got into bed, it was very apparent that the bedding had not been changed from the previous occupant.

It was late at night and I had an early start the next day so couldn't be bothered getting dressed, ringing down and waiting, but from the smell, someone had definitely been in the bed before me with no change...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ISawAnAngel
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here with a friend last Friday night (Feb 2013) and had a great time. Read the reviews on here and was a bit wary but I honestly think people expect to pay as little as possible and still have a five star experience. Without exception the staff were great, friendly and helpful and I was left with the impression nothing would have been too much trouble.
About 10 of us had a meal and the service was fast and efficient, the food piping hot and delicious, definitely no complaints.
The room was clean and beautifully decorated in a shabby chic style. One minor complaint - it was very warm but a fan had been left in the room so it was not a big problem.
I will happily use this hotel/restaurant again both the room and the food were very reasonably priced and offered good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontypridd
Llechwen Hall Hotel
#2 of 73 in Cardiff
Village Hotel Cardiff
Village Hotel Cardiff
#16 of 73 in Cardiff

Been to Blueberry Inn? Share your experiences!