“Excellent stay”

Ranked #2 of 5 Pontypridd B&B and Inns
Bagdad, Shabeellaha Hoose, Somalia
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I have just arrived back after a lovely stay in this wonderful guest house.This is the third time I have stayed here and would not stay anywhere else in cardiff.John and Denise are lovely people and make you feel very welcome and nothing is too much trouble.The rooms are clean and comfortable and feel homely.The standard of the breakfast was exceptional and you wont go hungry.I would recommend this guesthouse to anyone. A truly pleasureable stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Steve K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely stay was tidy and comfortable. Brilliant and friendly service that went above and beyond to help me out. I had a king single with en suite which was reasonable size for a single. Would happily recommend for a casual stay.

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank Caaity
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 19, 2013

After a flight Berlin - Bristol and then a drive to Pontypridd in horrible conditions we were greeted with a warm smile from John and then shown to our ever warmer rooms. Clean and comfortable with a nice breakfast except for the Welsh seaweed. Thanks John and Denise and so glad you won the 6 Nations on the weekend.

Room Tip: My single room was great. First floor at the very end of the hall way over looking the town
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank John_B1960
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Central Guest House five times within the year while attending a university course. Each time I was greeted by John and Denise as if we were long lost friends. Nothing was too much trouble, lifts to/from university and the station were never a problem. The rooms were always clean and comfortable. As a group of 4/5 ladies on the same course, we liked the fact that we could use the communal room to watch television or eat a take-away, it was more like home! The breakfasts were made to order with plenty of choice for event the most fussy of eaters! If i was ever back in the Treforest area I would definitely stay here again, the hospitality was second to none. A car is essential as the hill is something to be believed, steep is an understatement....good views though!! This is the ideal base for anyone going to the university and only a short train ride away from Cardiff City centre.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Avis R
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Had a 2 night stay on business. Very friendly and helpful hosts, also much appreciated lift to and from railway station. Rooms very clean and nicely appointed though would prefer tv in room rather than communal lounge. Excellent breakfast. Lovely views from all windows. Would recommend.

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank JCL78
Leicester
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I don't often travel alone so this was my first venture in to the world of the single room.
I received a warm welcome from the owner on my arrival at around 9.00pm. After signing in I was given a guided tour and shown to my room which was nice because you don't always get the tour.
My first impression was the temperature of the whole building was far too warm for me and I had to check the rads weren't on in my room! After unpacking for my 1 and only night and hanging my suite in a small "wardrobe" behind the mirror I decided to venture in to town for some refreshments. Getting in to town on foot is very easy as it's all down a very very....very steep hill! I could have used an Iron lung though after getting back. I would advise using a car if your going to do this more than once. I arrived back with my food and following the rules, decided to eat in the communal TV room. In there a couple sat in their dressing gowns watching tv whilst I tried to eat my dinner quietly. Not a comfortable situation.
I wasn't too keen on this tv/tea & coffee room and for a 4 star guest house I would expect a TV and tea/coffee in my room. The complimentary washing sachets made me smile and harked back to the 1970's. The shower cubicle was too small for me at 600mm x 600mm.
I had to sleep with the window wide open to stop me sweating in bed it was that hot in my room.
Nice breakfast with plenty of choice including Lava Bread (seaweed).
Would I use again? No

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Andyjoyceuk
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights whilst at university Glyntaff. Greeted with a lovely warm welcome from the hosts. Good facilities and excellent cooked breakfast. Very knowledgeable about the area.Communal room had good tea and coffee making facilities, tv, dvds,magazines and books. I had a double room en suite and it was very clean. The owners work really hard to cater for your needs. Would highly recommend it. Will be returning in June.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank sweep94
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontypridd
Heritage Park Hotel
Village Hotel Cardiff
Village Hotel Cardiff
#16 of 73 in Cardiff
Holiday Inn Cardiff North – M4, Jct.32

Been to Central House Guest House? Share your experiences!