All reviews coach house four poster bed main building afternoon tea lovely location country hotel lovely wedding wedding venue lovely room wedding breakfast stunning views wedding guests cooked breakfast full welsh breakfast off the beaten track overnight stay surrounding countryside
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited this hotel with my family for a cream tea for my sisters surprise birthday treat for her fortieth and when we got there there was no welcome, we had to chase around to get a member of staff to show us were to go , we pre booked the cream tea , but nothing was laid out for us , when the cream tea finally came we’re were 2 short , so we complained to the member of staff , who wasn’t really helpful, we’re we’re not given the missing cream teas , only a couple more cakes , And to be really honest for what we paid the cream teas were very poor . We only had 3 tiny sandwiches and 3 tiny cakes and a bottle of champagne. There was no apology for the mess up of our booking and the staff were of no use . As it was a Special day , we were really upset with the way we were treated . It is a real Shame as Our family has many happy memories at this hotel over many years, but sadly the standards have taken a nose dive and we will not be back while the present owners are there . I feel so mad how my sisters day had been ruined . The Hotel it’s self is beautiful in fabulous grounds , the views are Amazing. Just a shame the management and staff are so unprofessional with no care for their customers so I can’t recommend this hotel it’s Awful.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

By accident I had previously been to have a bit of lunch at the Llechwen Hall Hotel and was so impressed with the service decided that the next time I was in Cardiff would make a point of staying overnight.
The service, food and accommodation were excellent and will stay again at the next opportunity. Usually I find it difficult to get a decent night's sleep but the mattress was like a pillow and was a bit reluctant to get up the following morning.
Overall, exceeded my expectations and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Set in an amazing vantage point Llechwen Hall promised so much, but missed the mark. I stayed 2 nights for business. On arrival, I waited 5-10 minutes for the receptionist to check me in.

My room was spacious and well appointed, but I'm not sure all the nooks and crannies had been cleaned in a while.

I ate in the hotel on both nights, and had to wait 10 minutes for a waiter to appear to be seated. The wait for food to arrive was very long, but worth it. It tasted very good and was well seasoned.

Breakfast provided a good selection, but again the wait for service on arrival in the restaurant was about 10 minutes on both mornings. I had to seat myself and made a start on the continental selection before anyone appeared. The waitress on the first morning was curt and rude, and it seemed like she didn't want to be there. On the second morning I arrived for breakfast at 8.30 am, the waitress appeared at 8.42 am and took my hot food order, at 9.00 the hot food still hadn't arrived and I had to leave for my business meeting.

On arrival back at the hotel after my first day of business, my bed was half made with the pillows simply thrown to the top of the bed and the duvet strewn across it. The chair had been moved and left in the middle of my room. The bathroom had not been cleaned at all and the toiletries not replenished.

All in all, I won't be staying here again, and I have a number of days work planned in the area.

The hotel promises so much, but really disappoints.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel to stay.
We stayed for two nights with two dogs & whilst my wife worked in town I walked the hills with the dogs.
A beautiful part of the country with spectacular views.
The room was quite large on the ground floor with all usual ammenities.
We are breakfast in the lounge as dogs aren't allowed in the restaurant, rightly so.
A full welsh breakfast is very filling to sustain for the days walking.
In the evening I had lamb curry, excellent. My wife had fish & chips saying it was one of the best she’d had.
The staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay again in the future and recommend this superb hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrevorBickham
Reviewed October 9, 2018

Llechwen Hall is set in a beautiful location, with amazing views. In my option this hotel could be so much better. The bedroom was cosy but everything looked a bit tired and in need of refurbishment. However, I did sleep well, which is always a bonus! The staff were very polite an helpful but sadly there was not enough of them!! Dinner was ok but I sat for ages waiting for my plate to be cleared away, to be honest I think they forgot me so I left the restaurant. In the morning, I came down for breakfast at 7.30am, only one person working, my order was taken for coffee and an omelette. There were very few people at breakfast so expected that I would receive my omellete fairly quickly as I had to leave by 8am. It came out at 7.55am, not happy as I had to rush it and didn't enjoy it!! Overall I found my eating experience extremely disappointing and certainly not value for money. Such a shame because this could be such an amazing hotel,

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business