“Great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pontypridd
Chester
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've stayed here twice and really like this hotel. Lovely decor, spacious, clean rooms. Friendly staff. Breakfast is cooked to order so is really hot. Lovely place to stay and the views are incredible. I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TuesdayChester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great room, fantastic food in the restaurant, good wifi and perfect staff. On a Welsh mountain side with great views - grounds are fantastic.

First class breakfasts, you will not be disappointed with this hotel. Drive to the hotel is a little narrow lane but acceptable just key in the post code to your Tom Tom and it takes you there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Astrolec
tenby s.wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I arrived tired after 7 hours retail therapy - to find this beautiful hotel with stunning views ( it was a lovely sunny evening) - check in was a breeze and our twin room was just perfect - two large beds and very comfortable - lovely crisp sheets and the whole experience was five star !! Very quiet - and Im a light sleeper. Our evening meal and bottle of wine were superb and breakfast was fabulous - such wonderful value for money - we will be advising all our ladies visit when next golfing in the area. Thank to to all the charming staff too ! Mrs Flower from Tenby.

Room Tip: We had room number 6 and it was a large twin room - excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank purrfectlady
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

beautiful location and friendly staff (most of them) but the worst night sleep I have ever had in a hotel. The floor boards creak badly and at one point I actually thought someone was walking bedide my bed but it was someone walking past my room - thats how bad the floor boards are! The pillows were solid too and my neck still hurts! Not sure if its the plumbing or just how thin the walls are but I heard every toilet flush, every running tap and showers, even heard someone having a wee, then flushing, then washing hands (at least they washed their hands)!! Honestly though, far too noisy and very frustrating. Thr room was dated, I've paid the same for very nice hotels, in fact I've paid less for nicer hotels. There was a small stain (looked like bleach) on the carpet but in all fairness, the room/bathroom very clean. There is an unsightly shelving - wardrobe like thing (no doors) in the room, it looks like something from a bootsale.

Barstaff were nice but didn't know some prices of things and the one didn't know what a white wine spritzer was. He went on to make a glass of lemonade with a dash of wine and tried to charge £4.95.

All in all, it's a lovely place for a wedding and the grounds are stunning but the hotel itself needs updating. You also have to pay for breakfast separately (the rooms are £100+) if you want breakfast it's an additional £8.95 per person.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at the Llechwen hall on Sunday 26 August to attend a friend's wedding. What a terrible time we had.
The trouble began when we checked in. Told them our name and they said we have been booked into a twin room. I questioned why are we booked into a twin room and not a double. They said it was because my husband did not request one. We have stayed in many hotels and never have we been booked into a twin room, the default setting is a couple want a room they want a double room surely. We requested to be moved into a double room, which they replied they had no other rooms free as the wedding was being held at the hotel and all the rooms were taken.
We went to the room that was allocated to us and walked into a nightmare. The double socket on the wall only had half its facia so exposing the wires, I took a photo as I really could not believe what I was seeing. I walked into the bathroom and was hit by a foul smell. We went to hang out clothes in the wardrobe to find a put me up bed in there. I called reception and they sent someone up to remove it.
By this time I'd had enough, went and found the manager to show her the room, I showed her the faults and she said 'it should never have been left like this, I have not seen the socket like that before, we will get the cleaners in again to clean the bathroom'. We went off for photos in the garden and after the manager came over to say that we have got you a double room as a guest had checked out early. That was 3pm in the afternoon, and I have never known someone that has checked in at 2pm, like we all did half way through the wedding and then checked out at 3pm.
The following morning we got out if the shower to find there was only one set of towels so had to call reception for another set of towels.
We will never stay at that hotel again, we gave been in better travel lodges for half the price and had better service.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank mryanto
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

One night stop-over in what looked like a promising stay judging from the literature which featured wedding receptions. Service was pretty slow in reception on checking in, where an unanswered phone was ringing as I waited after having runging the admission bell. Later, the bar was empty and even after asking around no-one came to serve so I didn't bother having a drink. Breakfast the next day was virtually self-service even though I'd popped my head round the kitchen to ask for assistance.

The accommodation was at the rear of the main block and thankfully it wasn't too busy because the creaking of the floorboards would have been intolerable. Kept the window open all night because of a strange smell in the room, so it was just as well there was nothing but countryside outside. Smoking seems to be permitted at the front door so that is never a good welcome.

I was disappointed because the place didn't live up to my expectations and it generally could do with a bit of "tlc".

On the plus side, it was a great location and I did have a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Maybe the separate modern coach house block is worth a go.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ILP-JP
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

First thing do not trust your Sat. Nav. as it will indicate a location using the postcode that you can see the road to the Hotel from. The road over a cattle grid up to the hotel looks more like a farm track and is tight as you get nearer the top. Stayed a couple of nights and sampled the bar food on night one (A tasty burger and some really chunky chips, nice). The Wi-fi worked well in my room in the main building and the breakfast went down a treat after a few san miguels the night before. Needed to leave early as called away on business, but could not find anyone to book me out, so if thats your plan suggest you pay the night before. The fans or pumps outside room 5 were a bit noisy in the morning but at £39.00 a night via Expedia including breakfast you cannot really complain. Great views and good service.

Room Tip: Avoid room 5
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontypridd
Heritage Park Hotel
Premier Inn Llantrisant Hotel
Premier Inn Aberdare Hotel
Ty Newydd Country Hotel
Premier Inn Caerphilly Crossways Hotel

Been to Llechwen Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!