“Mind the sheep! but worth the effort” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Llechwen Hall Hotel

Llechwen Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pontypridd
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Mind the sheep! but worth the effort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

First thing do not trust your Sat. Nav. as it will indicate a location using the postcode that you can see the road to the Hotel from. The road over a cattle grid up to the hotel looks more like a farm track and is tight as you get nearer the top. Stayed a couple of nights and sampled the bar food on night one (A tasty burger and some really chunky chips, nice). The Wi-fi worked well in my room in the main building and the breakfast went down a treat after a few san miguels the night before. Needed to leave early as called away on business, but could not find anyone to book me out, so if thats your plan suggest you pay the night before. The fans or pumps outside room 5 were a bit noisy in the morning but at £39.00 a night via Expedia including breakfast you cannot really complain. Great views and good service.

Room Tip: Avoid room 5
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

In May 2012 I was lucky enough to have my wedding at Llechwen Hall. From our first visit to the wedding fayre held there the staff and management couldn't do enough to help make our special day just as we wanted it to be. During the run up to our big day there was always someone on hand when we called with queries (that usually meant that I had changed my mind over something!!!) and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. We have a large family and many of them travelled up from the West Country to be there and stayed over the night before and after. The service they received was top rate and many of them commented on how friendly and welcoming all the staff were. When our wedding day finally arrived the room for the ceremony was decorated just as we had wanted and the chair covers matched our colour scheme perfectly. The reception in the marquee was fantastic and created a lovely atmosphere in which to enjoy the superb food and then relax and listen to all the speaches. The manager, Mr. Calvin Baigrie, was on hand and made a great job of ensuring that everything went to plan. My husband and I will always remember our special day and how the Llechwen Hall staff & venue made it a perfect start to our marriage.

Room Tip: The Bridal suite was superb but all the room were great. The rooms in the main building are probabl...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

The food I've had has been nothing but exceptional. The staff couldn't do enough for us. I would come back again and again. Really was a lovely experience.

Halesowen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

stayed here on Monday 29th May for 1 night check in was easy there is a long and winding road which had some great views I stayed in the coach house room 17 ground floor room was quite big I think this is normally a family room as it had bunk beds behind a curtain bathroom was very big but there was hair left in the bath so not cleaned very well bed was very hard but passable pillows were ok there was a desk to work on but the was no free wifi as I was told it was being upgraded shame they didn't say this before I booked to me or all the other people that complained. The bar was ok and quite reasonable for a hotel pint san miguel was £3.60 not to bad I had an evening meal soup of the day very tasty leek and potato and very hot I was given a bread roll when I sat down but not when the soup came even though the guy on the table next to me was offered another not the end of the day but not consistent I the had sirloin steak and chips again very tasty and very hot so the food was spot on I went back to the room after my meal and watched some telly again reasonable sized flat screen tv the quilt on the bed was very heavy and the room was quite hot don't really like leaving windows open when on the ground floor so the quilt slept on the floor it all sounds quite good and only paid £49.00 room only breakfast was not included so whats the problem you ask about 1am in the morning someone flushed the toilet up stairs and the noise was horrendous then washed their hands and the noise from the pipes was unbelievable it was that loud I nearly fell out of the bed this went on for most of the night as people got up to use the bathroom I know it's an old building but that is beyond a joke I'm not sure what it's like in the main building but I defiantly would not stay in the coach house again

Room Tip: don't sleep in the coach house the noise is very bad
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bigmart
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

We were lucky enough to have a sunny day, what a view over the valleys. The room had plenty of space and the beds comfy. Although out of the way I think it adds to its charm.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed here last night [8th May] for our anniversary. We were lucky in that we had been given a Groupon voucher for a stay here as a Xmas present, so chose this date especially. Firstly, the situation is idylic being on top of a mountain surrounded by lovely hills and countryside. Parking easy, reception friendly and helpful. We were given our key to room 1 and had a very pleasant surprise to see that we had been given the front bedroom with a four poster bed! Not what we were expecting so really delighted! Fab views from 2 picture windows, clean with everything we needed. Enjoyed a 3 course 'special' for £18.85 which was very tasty and good portion sizes [veg was swimming in butter which I told the waitress about] but otherwise very tasty and well presented. Good selection of wine. Overall a really nice place especially if you get get a good deal on the cost!

Room Tip: Always ask for the best! You have nothing ot loose!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
merthyr tydfil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

Arriving for a family wedding we were greeted by the friendly and welcoming staff at Llechwen hall. The service was lovely and the Staff ensured all ran smoothly! The venue lends its self to photos and if your looking for somewhere to have service, phoos and your reception i could hardly recommend anywhere better! The wedding breakfast was served promptly after the photos were done so there was little hanging about! The food was enjoyed by all and the staff did all they could to make everyone happy! After the speeches we went straight to the other side of the marquee which was already set up for the evening reception and enjoyed the rest Of the event! Our rooms where fab and the much need breakfast the following morning was just as well served! We all agreed it was a wedding to remember in no small part to the staff and venue! Inwould like I take the time to thank the manager Calvin baigrie and assistant manager Emma, Laura and all the staff for a fantastic event and stay

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontypridd
Heritage Park Hotel
Premier Inn Llantrisant Hotel
Premier Inn Aberdare Hotel
Ty Newydd Country Hotel
Premier Inn Caerphilly Crossways Hotel

Been to Llechwen Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!