“Amazing hotel and amazing service, couldn't ask for more.”

Llechwen Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pontypridd
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The food I've had has been nothing but exceptional. The staff couldn't do enough for us. I would come back again and again. Really was a lovely experience.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

stayed here on Monday 29th May for 1 night check in was easy there is a long and winding road which had some great views I stayed in the coach house room 17 ground floor room was quite big I think this is normally a family room as it had bunk beds behind a curtain bathroom was very big but there was hair left in the bath so not cleaned very well bed was very hard but passable pillows were ok there was a desk to work on but the was no free wifi as I was told it was being upgraded shame they didn't say this before I booked to me or all the other people that complained. The bar was ok and quite reasonable for a hotel pint san miguel was £3.60 not to bad I had an evening meal soup of the day very tasty leek and potato and very hot I was given a bread roll when I sat down but not when the soup came even though the guy on the table next to me was offered another not the end of the day but not consistent I the had sirloin steak and chips again very tasty and very hot so the food was spot on I went back to the room after my meal and watched some telly again reasonable sized flat screen tv the quilt on the bed was very heavy and the room was quite hot don't really like leaving windows open when on the ground floor so the quilt slept on the floor it all sounds quite good and only paid £49.00 room only breakfast was not included so whats the problem you ask about 1am in the morning someone flushed the toilet up stairs and the noise was horrendous then washed their hands and the noise from the pipes was unbelievable it was that loud I nearly fell out of the bed this went on for most of the night as people got up to use the bathroom I know it's an old building but that is beyond a joke I'm not sure what it's like in the main building but I defiantly would not stay in the coach house again

Room Tip: don't sleep in the coach house the noise is very bad
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bigmart
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We were lucky enough to have a sunny day, what a view over the valleys. The room had plenty of space and the beds comfy. Although out of the way I think it adds to its charm.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed here last night [8th May] for our anniversary. We were lucky in that we had been given a Groupon voucher for a stay here as a Xmas present, so chose this date especially. Firstly, the situation is idylic being on top of a mountain surrounded by lovely hills and countryside. Parking easy, reception friendly and helpful. We were given our key to room 1 and had a very pleasant surprise to see that we had been given the front bedroom with a four poster bed! Not what we were expecting so really delighted! Fab views from 2 picture windows, clean with everything we needed. Enjoyed a 3 course 'special' for £18.85 which was very tasty and good portion sizes [veg was swimming in butter which I told the waitress about] but otherwise very tasty and well presented. Good selection of wine. Overall a really nice place especially if you get get a good deal on the cost!

Room Tip: Always ask for the best! You have nothing ot loose!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Arriving for a family wedding we were greeted by the friendly and welcoming staff at Llechwen hall. The service was lovely and the Staff ensured all ran smoothly! The venue lends its self to photos and if your looking for somewhere to have service, phoos and your reception i could hardly recommend anywhere better! The wedding breakfast was served promptly after the photos were done so there was little hanging about! The food was enjoyed by all and the staff did all they could to make everyone happy! After the speeches we went straight to the other side of the marquee which was already set up for the evening reception and enjoyed the rest Of the event! Our rooms where fab and the much need breakfast the following morning was just as well served! We all agreed it was a wedding to remember in no small part to the staff and venue! Inwould like I take the time to thank the manager Calvin baigrie and assistant manager Emma, Laura and all the staff for a fantastic event and stay

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed here on a Sunday evening - it was very quiet and we felt like a bit of an inconvenience. When we arrived there was no one to be found on the reception desk, we rang the bell and waited, there was a lot of noise coming from the dining room so I went to investigate only to find the staff including the receptionist laughing and joking there whilst stripping table cloths etc. The receptionist wasn't very welcoming and at first couldn't find our booking but then found it - she directed us to our room which was to be in the coach house.

The room was very basic and fairly dated but it was clean. There was no remote for the TV and the ceiling lights were exterior light fittings - the type of thing you would have outside yoour shed! Having said that we had a good nights sleep and it was very quiet - if it's a bed for the night you're after then this place is great but the rooms could be very nice if they were upgraded and a little attention to detail spent on them.

The lounge area is very nice and a nice facility for residents, the grounds are well kept and this is a lovely location.

Overall - it's hospitality that is lacking here - there didn't seem to be any polish on what they were trying to achieve. All the right ingredients but just not quite hitting the mark which is a shame. They need to go the xtra mile to make guests feel welcome, push the expectations... the type of thing I would expect from a country hotel as opposed to a city brand.

Room Tip: Avoid Coach House - try main building.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hospitraveller
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Decided to try this establishment as I heard some good reports. Unfortunately, my visist for Sunday Lunch was disappointing. The service was very good and attentive and I cannot fault that at all, but they were let down by the roast beef meal served. The soup starter was small, in a bowl similar to cup-a soup, and although the main course roast beef was fine, the vegetables were child portion I believe. On the plate with the beef were two roast potatoes and the accompanying vegetable selection comprised of some carrots and greens in strips, one floret of cauliflower and two boiled potatoes.
I appreciate I was single diner, but the soup starter and main course were a let down and certainly not good value for money. Lovely building, in a good setting and in my case very good waitres service, but not worth a return.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank YstradMynachAmb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontypridd
Heritage Park Hotel
Miskin Manor Hotel and Health Club
The Old Rectory Country Hotel and Golf Club
Travelodge Caerphilly Hotel
Travelodge Cardiff M4 Hotel

Been to Llechwen Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!