“Consistently good”
Review of Spice Garden

Spice Garden
Ranked #40 of 229 Restaurants in Stirling
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Every now and again we treat ourselves to an evening out at this local Indian restaurant. A friendly welcoming staff guide you to your table and for the rest of the evening they ensure that a pleasant time is had by one and all. Essentially the food is of good quality but the real bonus is that you are never hurried. We regularly manage to while away 4 hours or so and are never given the feeling of overstating our welcome.

So , a restaurant that has been there for a while but still manages to appear fresh and welcoming.

1  Thank frenchelvis

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I recently visited Spice Garden for lunch and had a really enjoyable experience. The restaurant is decorated in a contemporary style with calming neutral shades of beige and brown. My dining partner and I were seated in a booth which I really enjoyed as it offered both privacy and comfort. I liked the design and layout of the restaurant. Although small, it was quite pleasant and stylish.

We had the £6.95 3 course lunch. We started with Mushroom Pakoras which were colourful and tasty and came with delicious spicy dips. For mains I chose a Chicken Korma while my companion had a Vegetable Curry. The lunch deal comes with either rice or breads so I chose boiled rice and my companion chose 2 chapattis. The portion size was just right for lunch, filling but not too much. The food was tasty and well presented. The Korma was mild, creamy and smooth and my friend's Vegetable Curry was colourful, spicy and full of flavour. The third course was a choice of tea, coffee or ice cream. We both chose coffee which was served with after dinner mints. An enjoyable, good value lunch. I would highly recommend a visit!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This place does the best Special Lamb Madras I have ever had and the Peshwari naan is also excellent, good service and always with a smile.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Had a lovely lunch here this week and enjoyed the experience. The service was good without being intrusive, lovely decor and the food was really tasty. At £6.95 for a 3 course lunch this is the bargain of the year. Will be a regular from now on.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have now been here on 3 different occasions and would say this is the best indian restaurant in the central area. The pakora was amazing with a selection of dips, i had the Chicken Tikka Masala cleaned my plate it was that good, my husband had the Lamb Rogan Josh and he was the same. The staff are very friendly overall the place has a great feel about it. Would recommend to anyone. Will hopefully be returning soon.