“Wonderful!”

Auchyle Guest House
Ranked #26 of 59 Stirling B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 26, 2013

After two weeks in a hostel in Edinburgh, Auchyle was a very welcome change! Mandi and Tom were both very friendly, helpful, and welcoming, as were their two lovely dogs! My room (#6 on the ground floor) was huge, and the bed was one of the best I'd ever slept in. There were plenty of choices for breakfast...I felt bad for only wanting cereal and fruit! :) The whole place was very clean and in good condition.

On top of everything else, Auchyle is in a great location. It's within walking distance of everything if you're good on your feet, and if you're not, buses stop close by. There's a big Sainsbury's right across the street, and Tesco's is 5 minutes away. In spite of the fact that Auchyle is located so close to a main road, there was no nighttime noise at all. I had a great time here, and I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 9, 2013

It is excellent Place to Stay if you are in Brave heart city - the Stirling.
This was my first abroad stay and they cared me a lot. So I didn't feel I'm away from my home. It was like my second home. Great service provided by the host. The food was delicious and healthy. They are so friendly. And many of my friends have already stayed there and are still staying there.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. But I was staying in a room which was located upstairs.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2013

terrific guesthouse,en suite room was perfect,bed very comfy owner mandi and her husband very helpful he even ran my wife and I to centre of town.breakfast was huge and cooked to perfection,would reccomend the AUCHYLE to everyone

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great facilities, great food and great service. My parents and I were welcomed by Mandi, who for the duration of our stay was an exceptional host, and her two lovely dogs Harry and Haggis - after having driven 4 hours to get to Stirling, the warm welcome that we received was very much appreciated. The double bedroom that my parents stayed in was chic, cosy and spotless - the ensuite facilities were whiter than white and everything perfectly in place. I stayed in the guest house next door, as the B&B was fully occupied, and again I was not disappointed. I had a huge double bedroom all to myself, a fully equiped kitchen and again, the bathroom facilities were spotless and new. I joined my parents in the B&B for a hearty breakfast, needless to say, it was the best Scottish breakfast I have ever had (as well as the Porridge, Fresh Fruit, Cereal etc that was also available). Our stay was an absolute delight - I would not hesitate in booking to stay here again and would most definitely recommend it. Thank you Mandi!

Room Tip: The room at the front of the house was lovely - the guesthouse brilliant if there are a few guests!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We loved the quality of the guest house in every way, great food, friendly service and assistance from the owner and the family, including the friendly doggies. The best part was the dreamy sleeping and bedding - so comfortable and cozy and pretty to the senses too!
The guest house was so close to the famed Stirling castle that we walked up to the gates in just a few minutes from the doors of Auchyle on Drip Road. We had a very good tour guide who spoke of the history of the castle and the bridge over the river hear Drip Road. The only bridge over the river to get to the castle in olden days. Enjoy your stay near history in comfort, go on walks to enjoy the neighboring area. A nice round of golf is around back of the castle walk not far from the guest house and can be enjoyed if planned in advance.

Room Tip: Rooms are in home and in outer buildings. We preferred the large windows of the outer lodge (old bu...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Good location. Nice room. Everything that you need was available. Hospitable. The breakfast was excellent, with a lot of choices. Certainly a must. We did like to stay at this BXB in Stirling .

Warm Scottish hospitality

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Hello, 4 friends spent one night at this B&B in Stirling. We had problems with our car the day we arrived and we phoned Mandi twice to tell her that we will be late because of the car. When we arrived at 22.30p.m, she welcomed us in a very bad way and very unpleasant.
Our two rooms were very small and they had no chair or something to put a simple bag.
We were not very confortable and didn' feel welcomed, it was a pity!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends