“Awesome place”

Ranked #140 of 229 Restaurants in Stirling
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great staff, very friendly. Appearance of place was very nice. walked right in and asked for a table for four. They said all of their tables were reserved but they had one available for an hour so we agreed. Ordered the Fajita special ( I forgot what it was called) , very delicious. Overall , a great place to stop by before doing a journey around Stirling. very Cozy

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Travelled to riverhouse for late lunch. Great value with a great choice of dishes. Portion size perfect for lunch time. Only fault was my daughter did not get everything with her main meal and had to,wait while I had finished my meal she was just getting started. Quality good though. Service ok.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The setting of this restaurant is stunning On entering we were quickly shown to a table I would recommend booking as the place did fill very quickly I was tempted by Sunday Roast but had 2 cources and at £7.95 this is great value I had the grilled sea bass which was cooked to perfection my wife had the rump steak with peppercorn sauce again very well cooked and my daughter the fish and chips for the small supplement this is great value lunch and crowned of by great service a very relaxing quality meal and establishment As we were visiting from Broughty Ferry and go to there sister restaurant in St Andrews we will definitely return

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My mum and I recently celebrated big birthdays (my 40th and mum's 70th) and booked River House in Stirling for a family meal. We have had meals there in the past for various birthdays as it is more a central meeting point for Glasgow, Edinburgh and Perthshire family, so knew the set up. We ended up being a party of 30+ (including kids and a baby) and the service we received was excellent! I booked way back in April and was in regular contact with Jenny, the restaurant manager from start to finish. We were able to organise a set menu including tea and coffee and even how many bottle of Prosecco were required. On the day, the table lay out was fantastic and the area we were sat in had access to a small area outside where the kids were able to sit and draw etc. The magician was brilliant too and just added to the happy mood. The waiting team for our 3 tables (1 per table) introduced themselves and were terrific throughout, nobody having to wait for anything (with the exception of one meal which was mixed up but sorted without fuss). My mum was quite nervous having been unwell for a while prior but the team were brilliant, even giving us a birthday card signed by the whole team, which mum was delighted with. When it came to cake time, the staff took control and made sure everyone was in position and plenty photos taken! They even cut the cake and gave us boxes to take the remaining cake away in. Sorry review is so long but the team did so much for us I can't even detail it all! All in all, a terrific day was had and the final bill came to exactly what my dad and husband had expected ( they were paying for it!). Thank you everyone for the best day! Brilliant!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Went to the RIVER HOUSE for lunch yesterday 10/7/14 it was great value at 8 quid for two courses about 6 starters and 6 mains my wife had the roast chicken breast after the haggis bon bons I had the rump steak 3 quid extra and well worth it I also had the haggis bon bons.There is also a short specials menu with individual prices. Our waitress was very efficient and attentive.Thanks to all at the RIVER HOUSE.The surroundings are fantastic with no complaints about any element of our visit.