“usually very good”
Review of The River House

The River House
Ranked #112 of 221 Restaurants in Stirling
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Perth, United Kingdom
“usually very good”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Eat in the River House a couple of times a month and usually cannot fault it, today abit different. Food good but had to ask for our vegetable and potatoes and by the time they arrived at the table I had finished my lunch and my eating partner was half way through. Left disappointed and hungry. Expensive slice of turkey! Ratings on our usual visits

Dear minione_11,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience with us. We would like to apologise for the issue that you have highlighted regarding your missing vegetables - and also thank you for rating us upon previous experience rather than this particular occasion. I have discussed your comments with the front of house team and revisited our training points. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Stirling, Australia
“wifes birthday”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went to the riverside resturant in Stirling today with my family for my wife's birthday.the service was dreadfull. The kids had pizza and chips ,we asked for tomato ketchup only to be told they had ran out . I had to ask twice for our drinks and it took 40 minutes for our starter which were ok.the main courses were terrible ,when I paid the bill the girl asked me was everything ok ,I told her I thought the food was very poor .she said she was sorry but she welcomed our feedback ,I will never go back to that resturant as it was a complete wast of money.

2 Thank James H
Dear James H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The River House Restaurant. I was extremely disappointed to learn of your experience whilst dining with us, and would like to offer my sincerest apologies. I have contacted this reviewer privately to discuss matters further.

Nicole McCandlish
(Assistant Manager)
Cumbria
“Lovely menu, exceptional value and great location”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The distinctive building drew us into the restaurant, having done a short and pleasant car tour around Stirling. There is an extensive menu, and some excellent fish dishes, with the offer of a fresh fish dish of the day. We dined on aTuesday evening and the value was incredible as we had a menu from the early diner section which ran till 9pm

My friends had mushroom fricasse and crayfish, whilst I had a pear and cheese salad. Sirloin steak for me, beautifully cooked with a slection of excellent, al dente veggies instead of the usual cauli and carrots boiled in an inch of their life. Fish and chips was thoroughly enjoyed by my companion and a proper Ceaser salad my other pal, which was spot on with anchovies and everything!

We could see the smalllake outside anda cormorant dipped and dived in the water as we took in the surroundings. The waiting team were excellent too, with little or no waiting time, and attentive but not overbearing in their attentions.

The bill was very reasonable indeed. I would recommend anyone to try this restaurant when in the area. Lots of parking and easy access of junction 10 of the M9 near Craigforth.

Dear NickyCumbria,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our restaurant. The whole team were thrilled after reading this review - you have discussed so many positives. We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant and hope to see you in the not too distant future.

Freeport, Maine
“Good quality food at modest cost”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were given this resturant as a referral from Laura at our Great Stirling B&B (Castlecroft B&B).
The resturant is not fancy but the food was good and not very expensive. A good place to get a meal. There was no wait and the service was good and there was a discount given to us for the Castlecroft referral.

• Visited March 2013
Dear billgilman,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your recent visit to The River House Restaurant. We are thrilled that you were pleased with Laura's recommendation and would love to welcome you back the next time you are visiting the area.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Consistent & Great Value”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Myself and members of my family have been visiting The River House reasonably frequently for a few years now as it offers a friendly welcome, pretty setting and attentive staff.

You may not be blown away by the food but it's fresh, well presented and in my opinion there is now better deal in Stirling than their Early Evening Menu - Two courses for £12.95.
A special mention has to go to the fajitas, they are fantastic!

They cater very well for everything from large family gatherings to just a quiet coffee on the sofa...

Well worth a visit

• Visited February 2013
Dear 2013AndNewBeginings,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of our restaurant. It is always a pleasure to hear from our regular customers as this is a fantastic measure of our consistency - which is exceptionally important in our industry.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the restaurant and hope to see you in the near future.