“Great little place”
Review of The Old Tram House

The Old Tram House
Ranked #10 of 59 Stirling B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed at The Old Tramhouse for 2 nights for a weekend get away with my partner. On arrival the owner Alison was there to greet us and she was very helpful and friendly. Our room was great, very spacious, modern decoration and the bed was very comfy. Breakfast was very good and cooked to order. Location is great, despite being on a main road i didn't find any road noise at night and Stirling itself is such a nice little place everything is within walking distance. Great view of The Wallace Memorial and Stirling Castle to the rear. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and the friendliness of the staff coupled with the great location, good food and comfy rooms make it for an ideal place to stay when visiting Stirling. It was also well priced and the service is something you would not get from a Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mr_MrsBeckett

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My mother and I stayed here for 8 nights in Mar./April 2013. We came over to visit my daughter, who is a full-time student attending the University of Stirling. We could not have asked for a better place to stay, in Scotland or the U.S. Alison is the best hostess that anyone could ask for. She is so friendly, helpful, and sweet natured. We do not usually eat huge breakfasts, so we ate lightly, but Alison was very accomadating for us. The breakfasts which we saw others consuming looked absolutely fabulous! One morning Alison drove us very early to the train station to catch a train to Edinburgh for a bus tour to St. Andrews. That morning and one other, she packed us ham and cheese crossiants for the trip. She always asked us what our plans were each day, and gave recommendations for great restaurants. The room accomadations were so pretty, clean, warm, and many small extras were provided. And I can't forget the fact that the view of the Wallace Monument is right out the front door. Also, don't ask me how, but for 8 days, even though it was cold, we had no rain and partial or full sunny days! My mother and I absolutely loved this Bed and Breakfast and Alison! We will stay here again when we come back for graduation.

Lisa Butler
Pennsylvania, USA

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here for our wedding and it was lovely. Allison had made the room look absolutely gorgeous and nothing was too much trouble - we were even given a bottle of champagne. The whole place is decorated to a really high standard and the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was great. Will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra K
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter for two nights and have to say I will definitely be back! The room was beautiful and spotless + the beds were so comfortable, also in the bedroom was a selection of dvds which I thought was a lovely touch. The breakfast was yum, and you had a choice of full Scottish, Continental, omelette and a buffet on the side with yoghurts, cereals etc. Alison the hostess is so friendly and helpful and really looked after us and made us feel so welcome, you just wouldn't get this in a big hotel! Really can't praise it enough!

1  Thank janell c
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Brilliant B&B, clean, comfortable (very spacious) rooms. The welcome and hosting from Alison the owner is second to none, and the breakfast is delicious with a wide variety to choose from. I have stayed here on 2 occasions whilst attending a course at the local University, it was recommended to me by a fellow student after I paid double the amount to stay on campus. The old Tram House is highly recommended for anyone (business, vacation) and I would have no hesitation in staying there again. A big thanks to Alison for making my stay there such a pleasure.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally spacious and comfortable, although there is a larger family for groups.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MJParker1804
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Alison is the perfect host she makes you very welcome!everything about the B&B is perfect Alison is a perfectionist and this shows with all the fine detail she has added to her very homely and friendly B&B.I only had a one night stay but I would go back tomorrow with no hesitation and I would recommend any one to try it out you will not be disappointed!Her breakfast was the best I had in my entire stay in Scotland.
Thank you Alison for providing such a lovely B&B that should be a 5 star Hotel.
Denise & Heather from Yorkshire.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denise K
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights and had a wonderful time. We had the "family room" which had a double bed and a bunkbed and it was a truly lovely room. The bathroom, en suite, is also lovely. Allison is wonderful and very accommodating. The room has a flat screen TV and DVD's are also included. There is a tea set up complete with cookies and chocolate. Breakfast in the morning is a choice between continental, full scottish breakfast or omelet. There is a buffet of yogurt, juice, coffee and tea. The town of Stirling is a 2 minute drive and would be a pleasant walk when the weather is nice. All in all we had a fantastic time at The Old Tram House and hope to be back someday! Highly recommend!

2  Thank smurrayroberts