“Great site”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stirling
Witches Craig Caravan Park
kendal
“Great site”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

If only all camp sites were like this.
I was told the ground was a bit wet and to go and check out possible pitches before I booked in. I needn't have worried, while the ground was wet it wasn't boggy.
The site was clean, tidy, hot showers and the funky shelters to cook/eat in (even wifi if you cant be away from your email!).
Its in a great spot with the Ochil hills on one side, the wallace monument on another, sadly the main road is a little noisy being, a major trunk road, but its not the M6 and wasn't a big deal really.
I'd recommend the site and we will definitely be going back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
scotland
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Went Camping here for the weekend,Great site with all the stuff you need if your camping.Showers and a fridge you can use for your food. the site has wooden huts that you can set your cookers up in so if it rains u still have a dry area to sit and eat.Stirling it self is full of History if you have ever seen Bravehart you know what i mean

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Liverpool
Reviewed November 4, 2010

This was my first caravan trip age 48. Used my sisters van and had the in-laws with us as we stayed 4 nights at this site before moving up to Fort William for another 4.

What a lovely little gem of a site with plenty near by places to go see and do.

Went into Edinburgh for the day using the park and ride system just outside the city.

Stirling Castle and the Wallace monument are a must.

Shame it has no little shop but supermarket is just down the road.

The road outside the camp gets the boy racers late in the evenings who love to let us know what a big bore exhaust they have but apart from that it’s a lovely place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Bigmarkh
Kingston-upon-hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2010

An excellent campsite in all aspects. I have stayed here in the past and expected to return to hear the familiar panpipes in the loos and the rock hard ground and midges ( not a complaint btw ) Pleasantly we found the same high quality and attention , sadly missing in many campsites, the grounds have been further improved , reflecting the positive attitude of the owners and their igh standards.
The two and only two negatives are the main road outside. Almost constant traffic noise from daybreak. Could benefit from traffic calming by the local authority. Quite clear that the owners have done their best to create a relaxing environment. The other is the lack of pitch allocation for tents. Tended to be a case of "here is the area and off you go" with areas of space and areas of crowding.

Rating 9.5 out 10

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2007

We had booked for 4 nights with our tent 2 adults and one 4 year old. It was about a 40 min drive from home which was great.

First impression camp site very neat and tidy.

As it had been now raining in scotland for about a month ground soaking wet we found a pitch on a raised grass area which seemed to keep the water out, it was our first time with electric hook up and what a joy that was fan heater was a god send!
Toilet/shower block very clean. Staff very nice and helpful, we paid per night rather than the full four nights.

Visted blair drummond safari park which is worth the money spent all day there sunshined and very hot day!!
wallace monument looks down on campsite very romantic. We also went to the falkirk wheel which is 20mins away, even though we have been to stirling lots of times we had a great time.
Had to leave a day early as it started to get muddy at tent.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — toilet block a bit far away from tent area
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank icelolly08
lincoln, UK
Reviewed June 25, 2007

Hi,
I will never forget caming in Witches Craig, as they say "You will not forget the first....". It was my first camping at age 30! I always stayed in nice hotels, had spa therapy and so on. Camping? No, thanks, not for me! I lead a very busy lifestyle, so does my partner and we were only talking about work and never had time for real romance. I suggested a weekend away in Italy... after I started planning my trip, looking forward to get some sunshine, he walked in to my office with a huge smile on his face, suggesting to go camping to Scotland!!! What a romantic suggestion (with all irony)! I checked the weather and it says pouring rain and cold for that weekend! No way I will be doing that! But he talked me into it! And it was amazing! The guys at the campsite are ever so friendly and helpful. It was clean, nice and quiet, near to so many attraction (Sterling Castle, Wallace Monument) and the shower room and toilet was really high standard! Few miles away you will find the most amazing coffee shop! Just ask the receptionist for directions! We did bbq and went whiskey tasting, there is so much to do! And brought back the romance, as well.

• Liked — location, friendliness, noises of the nature at night, the scenery
  • Disliked — walking to the ladies
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank CeciliaHU
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stirling
Holiday Inn Express Stirling
Campsie Glen Holiday Park
Ravenswood Guest House
Ravenswood Guest House
#4 of 59 in Stirling

Been to Witches Craig Caravan Park? Share your experiences!