“A jewel of a B&B'S”
Review of Forth Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stirling
Forth Guest House
Ranked #16 of 59 Stirling B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have traveled the world and this is one of the best B&B'S. A wonderful host, excellent food, a great bed and beautiful design in this 1820 Georgian building. The owner has done a fantastic job of designing guest rooms. It is close to the train station and all the Stirling attractions. We arrived after a long overseas flight. What a delight! Highly recommend and would stay. Again!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We would recommend this B&B to our friends. The owners were so friendly and couldn't help more, they really wanted to make our stay the best it could be. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. The breakfasts are great (full Scotish Breakfast) and the service at breakfast is exellent. The beds are comfortable and we had a good night sleep. A quiet location within walking distance of restaurants and Stirling castle (walk to castle up hill). Close to train and bus station.Staying at the Forth Guest House is a treat. It is just THE place to be! You will love it, so make sure you don't miss it

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have stayed at many B&B's and this one is at the top of my list for good value. The rooms were tastefully decorated and the property was lovingly restored. We were accommodated when we wanted to check in very early and given excellent directions to all the places we wanted to visit. Breakfast was made-to-order and delicious, with a lovely view and ambience. In the bath, my towels hung just above the radiator for a toasty warm feeling out of the shower. Free wi-fi was a crucial component in our choice and always worked flawlessly, even on the top floor. Perfect location for visiting Sterling!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was my first experience with a B&B and I must say this place made it hard for others to compete. It was a lovely place, nice and big room and a spotless bathroom. It had little fancy extra's like Q tips. Also a nice full Scottish breakfast.

The couple who run this place are lovely, I had trouble with my navigation and they went out of their way to solve it for me (and fixed it even!). I can't give them enough praise. They also know of the best places to see/eat etc.

Room Tip: This is right next to the train station (though you can't hear it) and a 5 min walk to the town...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2012

stayed here in november 2011 and have to stay what a great choice i made in picking this place to stay in whilst in stirling....lovely room,great breakfast and was made to feel welcome by jim who gave great advice on where to go and helped me....one thing i would pick up on though is that it might be a good idea to wait till guests go out for the day before servicing the room...didn't appreciate the lady(whose name i never got) coming in wanting to change the bed sheets before i had gone out for the day....that issue aside,i fully enjoyed my stay at the forth guest house and should i stay in stirling again i would not hesitate to look this place up as my first choice of places to stay....

Room Tip: very good location to the train station,only a couple minutes walk and a relatively quiet area...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank bondy78
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I based myself here during November 2011 whilst working and looking for a place to live in Stirling and cannot speak highly enough of this guest house. The rooms were excellent, with Freeview TV and very good wi-fi reception, and the staff went out of their way to be helpful to me, getting early breakfast ready and helping me out in finding the best places in Stirling. I would recommend this guest house for its great location (walking distance from train & bus stations and the city centre) and the warm welcome given by everybody there. Jim is a really nice host, and always willing to help.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Danny F
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This is an excellent B and B. It is very clean and modern, with comfy beds and luxurious towels. It is only a few minutes walk from town and the train station into Edinburgh yet is completely silent at night for sleeping. It is also really close to a bowling alley, and cinema with restaurants. Breakfast good, and rooms kept clean and tidy during stay. Also extremely reasonable rates.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family