“Amazing service, food and coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe 33

Cafe 33
Ranked #77 of 219 Restaurants in Stirling
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family run cafe in centre of Bridge of Allan, serving great food and tremendous coffee. Fresh Soup made daily, all day breakfasts, homemade pizza, pasta,burgers, macaroni and a vast variety of homemade cakes, scones, pancakes and tray bakes. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch and early evening meals. Outside on street seating with heaters or come inside and sit at our window bars or tables and join in the wonderful friendly atmosphere.
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Amazing service, food and coffee”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Went to cafe 33 with my Husband and Son who is in a wheelchair. Was blown away how the staff saw us coming in and moved tables and chairs so we could get our son to a table. The food was lovely and you could tell it was homemade, and the coffee is to die for. The cafe was busy but the staff were attentive so I will be back again, not just for the service but the tasty coffee and food.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Caroline A

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic lunch”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Visited for lunch with my mum and fiancé, café was busy but not full. Décor was warm and cozy with lots of quirky pieces on walls. Great variety on the menu, we ordered a big breakfast, breakfast roll and soup and toastie combo. All portions were large but no overly excessive. I had the soup and toastie myself, it tasted great and was served with a large portion of fresh salad on the side. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable lunch, a venue the areas been crying out for.

• Visited January 2014
Ross and Cromarty, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I went to cafe 33 today with my partner. The food was below average, the lady running the place was frosty and it's safe to say nothing was home made. When we went to pay for our bland food I was charged 50 pence for a cup of hot tap water. What Lovely, generous people. Avoid at all costs.

Visited January 2014
Lynn T, Owner at Cafe 33, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I'm very sorry Lucy that you didn't enjoy your meal with us and I want to respond immediately to your review. As the owner unfortunately I wasn't there on the day that you visited but I have complete confidence in the service and manner of all of my staff and know that I have NEVER had a complaint before regarding any of them but in particular the member of staff concerned.
You're wrong to assume that nothing was home made as that is absolutely not the case at all we make most of our food freshly on the premises to order and of course we buy in certain cakes etc from very reputable local businesses however all the sponges, fruit loaves and gingerbreads are home made. Soup and fruit and plain scones are made freshly ever day by our chef and are highly recommended locally. We also prepare on the premises lasagne, macaroni and pizzas from scratch and we buy all our ingredients daily and locally.
As for your 'cup of hot tap water' we would never serve that, as your drink would've been prepared through our coffee machine which filters all the water beforehand and as you will probably know electricity to heat the water is quite expensive these days. We are also not the only restaurant/cafe to charge for hot water as I think you'll find that Starbucks do also plus we have also explained to all of our customers why we charge and they all completely understand that and if course still order it. Had you noticed however that 'hot water' is priced on our menus you may have chosen an alternative drink.
You are of course welcome to your opinion but I do know that it does not reflect the opinion of 99.9% of customers.
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Fabulous lunch”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Arrived on spec and was amazed at how busy it was, maybe should've booked but staff moved a couple of tables a within 2 mins we had a table for 4 - perfect. Great choice on menu varying from breakfasts to sandwiches and paninis to full meals like lasagne and fish and chips. We ordered soup combos with toasties which were lovely and a good size portion and finished off with cappuccinos and cakes. Coffees were perfectly made with a little piece of chocolate on the side and the cakes were delicious. Staff were friendly and service was quick, there was a great atmosphere and loved the old time music. Will definetly return soon

Visited December 2013