Neidpath Bed & Breakfast
$122
$102
$88
Agoda.com
Stirling Court Hotel(Stirling)(Great Value!)
$78
$96
$85
$80
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Stirling M80(Bannockburn)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelodge
Premier Inn Stirling South (M9, J9) Hotel(Bannockburn)(Great Value!)
$70
PremierInn.com
All reviewsrugby internationalshaggisroom was lovely and cleantown centrewithin walking distancelovely hostsensuite bathroombreakfast was deliciousfull scottishgreat showerfantastic staywilliam wallace monumentfamily roomstayed one nightkaycampbellscotland
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I had two nights here, and had a huge room to myself. Andrew was an excellent host (Kay was away) and cooked a fab breakfast (including tips on making porridge) and gave very helpful advice about things to do in Stirling, where to go for dinner etc. Small down side was that there was only a bath in the bathroom and no shower... but it was a big bath to die for with claw feet. Would thoroughly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed at Neidpath B&B for three nights May 28th through May 31st. This was our second stay with the first stay being in June of 2003. We loved it just as much, if not more. This is the best B&B for the money that we have stayed at in Scotland. Andrew and Kay are great hosts and are always willing to offer advice on things to do and places to go. If you have questions or a special request, just ask. Kay and Andrew will do their best to help you out.

For breakfast they have a large selection to choose from such as fresh fruit, cold cereal, juices, tea, coffee, porridge, eggs made to order, bacon, sausage, haggis, black pudding, potato scone, toast and great marmalades (this is only a partial list). The food is excellent and freshly made. Note, I got the full Scottish breakfast each day and I was not hungry until dinner.

The rooms are very comfortable, very clean with plenty of closet and dresser space. Each room hasa TV, DVD, tea and coffee, I-pod hookup, free WIFI in your room, hair dryer, large soft bath towels and other amenities.

Neidpath B&B makes a great home base to visit a lot of sites in and around Stirling. We would definitely stay here again.

SIDE NOTES:
For a few pounds you can get to Edinburgh and Glasgow quickly by train (The train station is a few minute walk from Neidpath) and the stay at Neidpath is about half the cost of staying in the larger cities.

Stirling’s city center is about a 10 minute walk from Neidpath.

Stirling Castle is one of the finest castles in Scotland (we think better than Edinburgh Castle) and is a 15 to 20 minute walk from Neidpath.

For the US travelers, most places in Scotland as well as in most of Europe wash clothes are not typically provided.

Room Tip: Best city view-Campbell Room,for quiet-garden room
Reviewed May 29, 2011

My nieces and I stayed three nights in the upper-most room. Kay met us the first night and helped us feel at home. We were able to select our breakfast from a menu of three choices (continent, eggs on toast, and full breakfast). Andrew cheerfully checked each morning to ensure we'd had plenty of tea or coffee and warm croissants. The house was immaculate. Heated towel racks in the bathroom were an especially nice touch. The refrigerator was also a help since I must carry insulin. To top it off, we paid a quite reasonable price compared to other bed and breakfasts we stayed in on our trip.

The house is located on a fairly quiet street but is only a short walk to the city centre and bus/train station of Stirling, which is an excellent "home base" for travels to Edinburgh, historic Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument, Linlithgow Palace, short drives to the Trossachs, and Glasgow.

Room Tip: Top floor triple room is quiet, comfy.
2  Thank srr1230
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I stayed at Neidpath B&B last weekend With my husband and baby, to attend a wedding in Stirling.
The room was lovely and clean, with a cot provided for the baby.
I was surprised by the previous report as Kay could not have been nicer. She could not do enough to help with the baby, preparing food and offering to do washing.
It was raining when we were going to the wedding so Andrew ran us to the venue, refusing to take any payment.
The breakfast was all you could ask for.
I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B to my friends. We were made most welcome.

2  Thank WLDGlasgow
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We booked Neidpath B&B for 2 nights to start our adventure in Scotland. We left Burton (UK) at around 8:30AM and drove to Durham where we visited some relatives. After lunch we continued Northbound towards Stirling, stopping over at Melrose. We arrived at Stirling at 6PM. I contacted Kay a week earlier via e-mail and told her that I would estimate that we'll reach the B&B at around 4PM, but it took us longer, 2 hours longer to arrive. We knocked the door on our arrival and where met Kay. She wasn't very welcoming as she was arguing that she was expecting us at 4PM and so on. She kept mentioning the time issue for 10 minutes!!! We excused ourselves but being at the tourist service also means that you have to be flexible. I was a bit upset with her behaviour. I know I could have made things better by calling her earlier that day and tell her about the delay, but didn't.

But anyway, the rest was fine, the room was nice and clean. The location is superb, breakfast was good and parking on the roadside was always available. Kay was a bit obsessed with the switches in the bathroom as she's always stressing to leave the switches off!!!! Andrew used to serve us breakfast in the morning and he's very welcoming and pleasant. He used to tip us what to visit in Stirling.

As a whole, it wasn't bad but in our 10 day journey around Scotland, this was the worse B&B we stayed in (due to the fact that we didn't appreciate Kay's behaviour and nothing else!!!) If I ever visit Stirling once again I will definitely pick up another B&B and avoid Neidpath B&B.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family