“If you've ever dreamed of sleeping in an authentic Gypsy Caravan this is the place to come”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bramble Bield

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stirling
Bramble Bield
Eastleigh, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I spent two glorious nights at Bramble Bield, staying in Rowan, the smallest caravan. It was absolutely charming and unlike anything we had done before.The bed is quite short so, if you need to stretch out, go for the bigger caravan but otherwise Rowan was amazing. It even had electricity and a kettle for a morning cuppa!

The associated stable kitchen and toilet block was just a few steps away and had everything needed for those preferring a self catering break. An amazing continental breakfast was included in the package and served up every morning by Colin and Jane. We had a choice of 4 cereals, yoghurt, croissants, pain au chocolat, eggs, jam, butter and marmalade, Apple Juice and Orange Juice, fresh bread, eggs, We both slept very well and had a campfire both evenings. Magical! We would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gavin M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a fab couple of nights at Bramble Bield.

The caravan was gorgeous, very clean, bed linen was cosy, and electricity too!

The stable kitchen was fantastic, it would have been a whole different experience without it! Great facility with fridge, small oven, table & chairs. Fully stocked with crockery tea/coffee. I took milk etc but Jane said they'd keep it stocked up.

There are games provided for the kids, and books to read...

You're literally 10 mins from the Wallace monument, and the same from Bridge of Allan. Great park for the kids there.

I overpacked, not realising breakfast/milk/tea/coffee was included. Towels are also provided as well as the owners preferred choice of soaps. So no need to worry about any of that!

The toilet was clean and much better than expected. The shower was also clean and modern.

My daughter enjoyed feeding the sheep in the next field, toasting marshmallows on the campfire, and generally being outdoors from the crack of dawn!

We didn't get the key for the caravan when we arrived, so were a bit nervous as to whether we were supposed to keep the caravan unlocked. Eventually I had to call the house and Colin came over to drop it off, until then I admit I was a bit nervy, it does get VERY dark outside!

Beds were very hard, I woke both mornings feeling like I had been pummelled with a cricket bat. Thicker mattresses or toppers would be an idea. But then, it is a traditional gypsy caravan!

Had a great time, breakfasts were great, and plenty fresh air. Would defo go back!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Hannah T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'm just back from a wonderful week in Holly, at Bramble Bield, near Stirling.
Most days began with a massive and delicious breakfast provided by Colin & Jane, and ended with a bonfire and marshmallows as the sun set behind my caravan. It was a lovely spot, with maybe a little bit too much road noise sometimes- but the birdsong and the cattle lowing more than made up for it!
I had a bicycle with me, and there's a great farm shop for supplies just a mile down the road, and lots of villages and castles near enough to explore on two-wheels. The MacRobert Centre is within easy reach, for movies and theatre shows, as well as lots of local art galleries. There are some good climbs up the Ochil Hills, I even managed to get my four-year-old nephew up to the top of Dumyat and down again.
The caravan, Holly, was really nice. Cosy with fairylights at night and drenched in sunshine for most of the day. I spent alot of time sitting on my steps, enjoying it all. There was enough space for all my stuff, and facilities to make a cuppa, along with the Stables for more serious cooking.
The Stables is a really handy kitchen space for anyone self-catering, I cooked up a storm several nights, with my own cupboard and fridge space to keep food in. The shower was nice and clean, though the toilet could perhaps have done with a freshen up each day- nothing was dirty, but it was getting used by a lot of people, as all three caravans were full during my stay.
I really enjoyed the comfort of my own space, but the company of my fellow campers, as we got to know each other and swapped stories over whisky from the nearby Deanston Distillery and cider from Allanwater Brewhouse.
I also had fun with my three small nephews coming to stay overnight. They loved the Bield and all the places to explore, and I didn't have to worry as the whole place is away from traffic and trouble. Colin & Jane were very kind in letting them run around, nosey at the chicken coop, and clamber all over the Big Tree. With the outdoor table&chairs and the under-bed bunks, there was plenty of space for a family of four in Holly- not to mention the Stables are very handy to retreat to with young kids, to let at least one grown-up get a long lie in the morning!
Many thanks to the Kilgours for a great, relaxing, fun and rural stay- top marks!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank hannah_mccall
Evanton, Scotland
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We spent 4 nights in Rowan at Bramble Bield in October 2012 - it was a fantastic holiday with our twin 6yr olds. We were cosy and warm in our caravan and we had the most delicious breakfast provided by Colin and Jane each morning - very spoiling. There is masses to do in the surrounding area and also some lovely walks in the surrounding area. I am very much hoping that we will be making a return trip in 2013 - we really reallly enjoyed ourselves and it was just a perfect spot for kids and a top top half term trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FloCor1975
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed in one of the three gypsy caravans for a night of glamping. It was an amazing experience. So relaxing. We were made to feel incredibly welcome. It was a real oasis compared to the hustle and bustle of other places we stayed. Rustic feel and quiet location only added to the whole feel. Would recommend this to anyone with a romantic or adventurous side. Would also be perfect for young families looking for a quieter but memorable alternative.

• Stayed August 2012