“2nd visit not much better”
Review of Sonas Therapy Spa - CLOSED

Sonas Therapy Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: At Sonas our mission is to deliver exceptional customer service, giving a high quality personalised experience in a welcoming, vibrant and chic enviroment.All of the team here at Sonas are qualified advanced skin and nail therapists who are passionate about delivering customised and effective therapies.We use products that contain only the finest ingredients available from eco-safe sources, guaranteeing that subsequent professional Sonas treatments and home-care prescription will fully address each client's concerns.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“2nd visit not much better”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Ok so decided after my review in feb to give this place another shot, still had money on my gift voucher and was damned if I wasn't going to use it! Welcome started well, better in fact than the one I got from the owner the last time! Bit pissed off as therapist running late and no one had the courtesy to tell me, I had something to get at a shop in town and could have popped down in 5 mins if I had known she was running late. As it turned out shops were closed by time treatment was finished due to lateness! Therapist although friendly was like a budgie and so over bearing, I really couldn't be bothered with her and so scatty, in and out the treatment room 3 times before she started as she kept forgetting things! Massage itself was fairly nice, didn't ask me what areas I wanted concentrated on and I had to ask for a deep massage, which most of the time was done, but a bit lacking in neck and shoulders ( note it was a back,neck and shoulders massage).

Biggest joke was after my "relaxing" massage the therapist took ages looking through 2 books to apparently find my voucher log, so I stood waiting and getting agitated after massage whilst she rooted through books!! To top it off during this fiasco the phone rang and it was her husband to ask if her little boy could come in to use the toilet, she said yes, so in come her husband and son and walk through the salon. What are you running a business or a kindergarten and public toilet!!

What a joke of a place, just feel bad my husband wasted his fifty quid in your business!

Visited June 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nothing special and not a spa”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

There is nothing spa like about this place! Yes the decor is nice but spas have relaxation rooms and hydrotherapy pools, this is misleading people into thinking it's more than it is! Staff were pleasant but dressed in leggings, jumpers and boots not the usual nice outfits beauticians wear, a minor complaint perhaps but felt the staff could have been more presentable and professional in their appearance. Massage was nice, firm pressure as I had requested but I personally would still have liked a deeper massage. I could hear the phone ringing and people in the nail area chatting during my treatment - not great! I have more money to use on a voucher my husband bought and I will go back to use it up but I wouldn't return spending my own money or recommend, the good reviews below are a bit far fetched and not the experience I had!

Visited February 2013
SimplySonas, Owner at Sonas Therapy Spa, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
As the owner of Sonas I take full responsibility.

Your comments on uniforms or lack of is understandable. I have allowed the staff to wear a more relaxed form of dress as the weather has been extremely cold. As for myself, I agree I should wear my uniform whilst carrying out treatments.

With regards to calling ourselves a Spa. Dictionary terms it as a "medicinal spring place, resort with one". No mention of relaxation room or hydrotherapy pool. However we use water within our treatments to aid relaxation.

We take your comments on board and will make every effort to improve in time for your next visit.

Shona McCandlish
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Chic, trendy and very friendly!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Been going to Sonas for a while now and it's always a pleasure. Shona has given Stirling somewhere plush to go for beauty treatments without the hefty price tag. Always a friendly welcome and I always leave happy. Thanks girls!

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Aimbo84
When I first set up Sonas I really wanted to offer something different. A salon that stood on its own, full of daylight, style and a friendly atmosphere.

Your kind words make it all worth while for the team and myself, thank you.

Shona
Alloa, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First time”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Went to Sonas for the first time to have HD brows and gelish nails done, excellent, every ladie in the shop were so friendly, not to mention the ladie that owned the shop had her little yorkie puppy in the shop, soooo cute. Amazing shop, service and atomosphere. Would most certainly return, you will not be disappointed if you go.

Visited December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.
We very much enjoyed meeting you and look forward to your return.

Shona
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Sonas Spa”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

It was my daughters 11th birthday last week and I took her and two of her friends for the girls file and polish. The staff were excellent, very welcoming and great with the girls! Its a great idea for a birthday treat and at £7.50 doesn't break the bank!! Lovely coffee fot the mum too! The girls were all delighted with their nails! Definately would recommend them.

Visited November 2012
SimplySonas, Front Office Manager at Sonas Therapy Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you Sharon for a lovely review x