“Fun, Knowledgeable, Personalized Tours!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bruce's Scotland Tours

Bruce's Scotland Tours
Ranked #3 of 12 Tours in Stirling
More attraction details
Owner description: Personalised tours of Scotland and it's islands in a Land Rover Discovery vehicle. Tours can start and complete anywhere in Scotland and itineraries can be tailored to last from 5 days to 3 weeks duration. Accomodation is also organised as are visitor attractions and car ferries where required. The Land Rover can comfortably seat up to 6 adults as well as myself, when I utilise my luggage trailer.
Orem, Utah
“Fun, Knowledgeable, Personalized Tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family had been planning a Scotland trip for three years. We had a few things that we had found we wanted to see, but did not have a good plan for seeing them. We were planning on using busses and trains to travel from place to place. My sister had someone recommend Bruce, and he took what we already had planned, and added more suggestions for the time we had. Scotland is where he grew up and lives, so he knows the history and would point out different locations as we travelled to our different locations. His Land Rover Discovery is roomy and his trailer made it possible for all six of us to ride and not have to sit on out luggage between stopovers. Bruce is very flexible, and allowed us to make changes on the fly to our itinerary as we travelled. He takes pride in his country, and in its history. The love he has for the land and the people is infectious, and he really enjoys showing it to others. He specializes in smaller private tours, and is able to personalize virtually anything in the time you have allotted. I highly recommend Bruce's Scottish Tours!

Santaquin, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrifically, wonderful personalized tour by Bruce!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

What a wonderful tour this was! If you want to go on a tour that is very interesting and professional contact Bruce! He is very knowledgeable and personable. He takes the time with you to answer any questions that you may have. He will take you to the places you want to go and he will also suggest other places in the area that may be of interest to you. He made sure we were comfortable and he would even stay with us as we checked into our hotels to make sure everything was ok. There were 6 in our group and his Land Rover was roomy and comfy. He even had a small trailer for our luggage. He was always on time to pick us up in the morning. He would ask us about details for the day and make suggestions if we didn't fill the day with places to see. He is very flexible. He has a great sense of humor. My family thoroughly enjoyed our 5 days with him! We never had a dull moment! He knew some of the best places to stop and eat, or just to have a few minutes to walk around. He would show us some places and let out to walk around on our own to experience it for ourselves. There is no way we could have experienced a lot of the places that we saw without him. Thanks, Bruce, for the GREAT experience! My family enjoyed being with you! You helped to make our trip very memorable!!! We love you!!! I hope we will be able to do this again!

1 Thank debbie h
Teesside
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Bruce comes from Stirling. He is a proud Scot, loves Scottish history, driving and meeting people. He has a lilting Scottish brogue but is very easy to understand. He has made a business out of creating bespoke Highland tours. He enjoys it so much that he even tours the Highlands when he is on his own personal holiday. We were on a coaching holiday in Strathpeffer. We were due to go on a trip in the coach to Ullapool but my partner lacked mobility so we thought that it would be too much to be thrown off the coach for a few hours and simply waste that time sat in a café so we decided to stay in the hotel and rest up. Then we met Bruce in the hotel lounge. He was on holiday, had driven up from Stirling and was staying in the hotel. He was resplendent in his kilt and regalia. He was only missing the bagpipes and Tam-o’-shanter. We got to talking and he said that he was going out for a spin and would we like to go and give him a bit of company. In the end there were six of us in total in his Land Rover Discovery. I jokingly asked if his second name was Robert and he said “No” but that his twin brother was called Robert!!! I took that with a pinch of salt but it ultimately turned out to be true. In the end we went to Applecross via Garve, Achnasheen, Craig, Lochcarron and Kishorn going through the Pass of the Cattle. We were lucky – the weather was bracey but clear and the visibilty extended for miles. The scenery was such that no adjectives could adequately describe it. The nearest I’ve been to anything approaching that was the Italian Dolomites. On the way we saw a deer fawn within 3 metres – and it didn’t move. I never thought that I would be in a standoff with a deer fawn and that I would be the one to blink! We had a lovely little lunch in Applecross pub and then returned around the coast via Shieldaig, Torridon and Kinlochewe. The roads are narrow with passing places and are unsuitable for large vehicles such as caravans but we had the advantage of our own personal transport, could stop when we wanted, for as long as we wanted and were in a small party – it was an excellent day. It was so wonderful that I, a McDonald, could even forgive his preferred choice of a Campbell tartan. Thank you, Bruce, from Eric (and Alma)

Visited February 2013
1 Thank yellowwall
Eagle Mountain, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing personalized tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you're thinking about booking a tour with Bruce, DO NOT HESITATE! He books up quickly, and for very good reason. You simply cannot find a more personable, professional, or passionate tour guide in all of the UK.
Bruce was able to create a wonderful personalized tour for my family that included all the major places we wanted to see, and then some. He was extremely accommodating, he would drop us off at our hotel and make sure we got checked in alright before heading to his own hotel. He's always on time and does his best to keep things on schedule, and when things go a bit awry he always has several options and backup plans ready. His Land Rover is impeccable and roomy, and his luggage trailer is super handy. He is very flexible and does everything he can to ensure you get to see everything you want to see as well as a few hidden gems you would have otherwise missed. He's very knowledgeable and loves driving a car full of people around, not to mention his great sense of humor. He makes the drives between places entertaining and educational, and has great stories for every place you drive past or visit. There's absolutely no way we would have been able to see everything we did on our 5 day tour of Scotland without him. He made our family trip memorable and perfect.

Thanks Bruce! We love you!

1 Thank VeraHF
Summerfield, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bruce Is The Dream Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I had been planning to take my parents on a trip to Scotland for their 50th wedding anniversary for quite some time. Our family traces our lineage to the Highlands. We had a dream trip in mind but needed a lot of help to pull it off. Our search led us to Bruce's website. We cannot say enough about Bruce. He is a wonderful guide and represents his country with class. He was responsive to all of our needs and was flexible in addressing all of our interests. His attention to detail is impeccable. We highly recommend Bruce to anyone wishing to see the United Kingdom with a gentleman that, by the end of the trip, will become a friend. We learned during the trip that Bruce also does tours in other parts of Europe as well. We plan to take a trip to Italy in the near future and just hope we can include Bruce as our guide. He's the best!

Visited September 2012