“What's there not to love?!”

Brea - Scottish Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 219 Restaurants in Stirling
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Scottish, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Here at Brea were all about love. We love taking fresh locally sourced ingredients and turning them into delicious dishes offering a modern or traditional take on Scottish cuisine. Our seafood comes from the West Coast of Scotland and we use local food suppliers to fully showcase Scotland's larder. All this combined with our large selection of Scottish spirits, ciders and craft beers brings you the ultimate food lovers experience.
Bridge of Allan, United Kingdom
“What's there not to love?!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Ate for Brea for the first time last week - I've never left a review before but felt this was worthy of one!

We ate on a Sunday night, and thank heavens we'd booked. The restaurant was nearly full, but not crowded and noisy, in fact there was a lovely cosy, relaxed atmosphere which was reflected in the style of service and the menu available.

We were served by David, who upon greeting us was polite and friendly. He was able to recommend specific dishes on the menu, and when we asked question he answered them thoroughly and accurately. He recommended the Spitting Spider Shiraz, which was a gorgeous wine and complimented the meal beautifully.

I had the pate for starter and it may have been the best I've ever had. My better half had mussels and couldn't fault them. I had one of their gourmet burgers for my main, and whilst it was a big portion it was absolutely gorgeous - this may have been helped by the extras that David's excellent service had convinced us to add on, but not one of our party of four left a thing on our plates.

After such a .big main course we had a breather before desserts and coffees - my decaf latte was delicious, as was the creme brûlée we shared.

Overall Brea is a lovely, homely restaurant in an area that is populated with Belhaven and similar chain restaurants. It serves some fine Scottish fayre at a reasonable price - but for us the service was outstanding. Our glasses were never empty, and plates and orders were dealt with promptly and politely. As the night progressed our server delighted in telling us stories about the area and the dishes, which enhanced the experience. We will 100% be back, and will be telling our friends about Brea!

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal, excellent service, thanks!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Popped in for a quick bite to eat to chase away the post Christmas blues. What a pleasant surprise Brea turned out to be. Scallops followed by a melt in the mouth steak burger certainly hit the spot on a cold January evening. Big shout out to the fabulous staff for their great service. If you're after a relaxed atmosphere, great customer service and reasonably priced, tasty food, this is the place for you. I'll be back!

falkirk, scotland
“Very nice”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Lovely restaurant/cafe, a must if you are in Stirling and ready to eat. Food delicious, service is fab, and it is very well priced.
Looking forward to our next visit.

Visited January 2014
Glasgow
“Our favourite restaurant in Stirling”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We have been to Brea a couple of times and have always found the food and atmosphere to be first class. The service is friendly too. You can’t ask for better portions whether you are having one of their traditional main meals or one of their burgers.

We went again on Monday night, and this time went for the burgers and they were again first rate. With a wide selection of food, and an amazing selections of beers, ciders and wine there is nothing really going against this place. Whilst I was quite filled with the main, I did decide to try the sticky toffee pudding for dessert, and it was absolutely amazing.

As my review is titled.. this is my favourite place to eat in Stirling… well worth trying.

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Always Excellent”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I am very fond of Brea. I first went with my partner last year after we were given a GroupOn deal - mussels for starter, steak for the main course - and it was all delicious. Brea is the sort of venue in which you can feel comfortable either just having a drink and a side or sitting down to a full three-course meal. The staff are always pleasant - quick to act if you ask for anything, but generally leave you alone to dine, which I personally prefer.
I have been back with friends on several occasions, and we always enjoy.
My review categories are based on my majority visits - with friends, for dinner.