Castlecroft
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Hotel Colessio(Stirling)
View Hotel
All reviewshomemade breadb bhost lauraguest loungecastle hilllocal ingredientshaggisbreakfast was deliciouscomfortable loungewarm welcomeliving roomlower flooreach morningexcellent hostessperfect place to stayminute walkpot of tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2012

What a wonderful place! Laura and her mother were so warm and welcoming -- Castlecroft deserves the excellent ratings they have earned. We were greeted and made to feel right at home. Laura gave us an excellent map and some good recommendations for dinner out. The location cannot be beat and the house is so clean, warm and comfortable. We had a great night's sleep and an excellent breakfast in the morning. We walked up to the castle and to town directly from the B&B along a beautiful, tree lined trail. We only stayed one night but had we known what a pleasant experience it would be to stay here, we would have stayed longer. Would definitely say this B&B was the best we stayed in during our entire visit to Scotland!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pasofan667
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Superlatives might not do justice here. Right under Stirling Castle lies Laura's B&B called Castlecroft. What made it special? Laura's welcome? the sunshine? Its location? or all of the above. Laura made me feel at home in her home. She offered me a cup of tea and a sit and chat before I went off to explore Stirling but I thought I better see Stirling before the next rain shower so I declined. She gave me an excellent map to get me to most of what I wanted to see and hints how to get there quicker. When I returned and after my room was available after cleaning it matched my expectation, tastefully decorated and very well presented. Why not: this was Laura's house and it showed. I met her mother who was sitting in the sun on the patio under the castle, as one does when one is in Stirling. I did partake in afternoon tea as did other returning guests and we met and chatted. Amazingly some of my fellow guests were Australians as well so off to dinner we went to one of Laura's recomended places. Nothing but the best. My fellow diners had decided to extend their stay with Laura, but that probably is not that unusual given my experience. Would I stay again, try to stop me!!!

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor facing the castle and it was perfect!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Backhome1012
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Laura is just born to be a B&B hostess - warm, friendly, helpful - and a good cook! Her home is beautiful, and you feel at home in it. Lovely room, good location (you'll find several good walks around it, up to the castle and down into the town), good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lorraine L
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After spending three very enjoyable nights, We heartly recommend the Castlecroft. It was the perfect combination of hospitality and location. Laura was the perfect hostess and was very helpful with planning our days. The location was perfect-within walking distance of the Castle and the town. Hope to return to Scotland and Castlecroft someday as we have many castles to visit especially the elusive Castle Campbell. Thanks again Laura

John Gillis

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank quiller7
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This wonderful B&B is within an easy (and terrific) walk to town. It's right beside Stirling Castle and in 10 minutes you can walk right into the heart of Old Stirling along the base of the castle. lovely walks to be had. Laura and her mother were there to greet us and were so friendly and charming. They're the kind of hosts who are available for any questions or to help with anything you may need but are also not the least bit intrusive. The house is very big with great views and the double rooms downstairs have a patio space and private entrance. There are movies and games for rainy times. My husband and I were in Scotland for 3 weeks and Laura made the BEST Scottish breakfast we had!!! WOW. I wish I had more room in my belly for the best haggis ever and Laura's home made bread. The B&B is an amazing value for the money and I wish we could have stayed there longer. Thank you so much :- )

Room Tip: Double room with Patio
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple