“Don't miss this tour!”

Stirling Ghost Walk
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Stirling
More attraction details
Owner description: The Stirling Ghost Walk - now nearing it's twenty-fifth year - is a guided dramatic guided tour of Stirling's historic Old Town, using comedy and drama to recount frightful tales from the history and folklore of the area. Tours run at 8.30pm, Tuesday-to-Saturday in July and August, each year, and at 8pm on Fridays and Saturdays from September-to-June - all tours meeting at the gates of the Old Town Jail / SYHA Hostel in St John Street, Stirling. Private bookings are available throughout the year - and a 10% discount offered to patrons of local hotels, hostels and B&Bs.Visit our website or Facebook for details and updates.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Literally just back from David's awesome tour, what a treat! It was the icing on the cake of our trip to Stirling. Storytellers and orators of David's magnitude are rare and deserve to be recognised. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and David's company and highly recommend this tour!

Dave, Laura and Graham (New Zealand and UK)

David K, Manager at Stirling Ghost Walk, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

High praise, indeed. Thank you. I enjoy what I do, and hope the GhostWalk and my other performances and books on local history and folklore convey a little of my enthusiasm for those subjects to audiences.

All reviews
"history tour"
"his knowledge"
"well worth the money"

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The tour guide has a great sense of humour, as well as a fantastic costume. He engaged everyone in our tour very well, and he clearly did a great deal of research about the history of the area. Unlike some ghost tours, it's not just designed to frighten people, and it wasn't hokey. There was a lot of educational value packed in, as well as some great local histories and folklore. If you are in Stirling, this would be worse to miss than Stirling Castle!

David K, Manager at Stirling Ghost Walk, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you, Katie. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself (despite a few unscheduled 'interruptions). So many Ghost and Horror tours simply try to scare people. The odd fright can be fun, of course, but that approach can easily become repetitive and predictable. I think that our mix of comedy, history and storytelling engages audiences rather more directly than some of these shows...which I suppose is why we're still here after twenty-four years!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were really looking forward to this tour but never expected it to be so awesome. David was just in his character and all our group had a great time. Even my eight year old daughter enjoyed it and wants to do it again. A great way to finish your visit in Stirling!!!

David K, Manager at Stirling Ghost Walk, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

I'm really glad you and your daughter enjoyed the show. There are so few local events and entertainments which cater for families with children, that I have tried to keep the show accessible to all-ages. If we have (as we often do) an all adult group, then the Happy Hangman can be as grim as he likes. If there are kids around, then it can sometimes be a challenge to hold their attention...but I LIKE that challenge. It keeps me on my toes. I hope to see you all again, sometime.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Really enjoyed this. Nearly didn't go as it was a very cold night but glad we did as it was a really good night! David has a really good sense of humour. Definitely a highlight of the trip to Stirling.
Recommend this to anyone, it's really entertaining and also very good value for money. If you're going to Stirling you should definitely go on the ghost walk!

David K, Manager at Stirling Ghost Walk, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thanks, Chris. Actually, I used to write a Ghostwalk in Dundee, back in the mid-'90s...until we discovered parts of the town were scarier than any of our stories (The 'Demon Crab' was my favourite). I'm glad you enjoyed the tour. Hopefully we'll see you again...some WARMER night.