“Best tour of any kind in Scotland we experienced”

Stirling Ghost Walk
Ranked #1 of 12 Tours in Stirling
More attraction details
Owner description: The Stirling Ghost Walk - now nearing it's twenty-fifth year - is a guided dramatic guided tour of Stirling's historic Old Town, using comedy and drama to recount frightful tales from the history and folklore of the area. Tours run at 8.30pm, Tuesday-to-Saturday in July and August, each year, and at 8pm on Fridays and Saturdays from September-to-June - all tours meeting at the gates of the Old Town Jail / SYHA Hostel in St John Street, Stirling. Private bookings are available throughout the year - and a 10% discount offered to patrons of local hotels, hostels and B&Bs.Visit our website or Facebook for details and updates.
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tour of any kind in Scotland we experienced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The tour guide has a great sense of humour, as well as a fantastic costume. He engaged everyone in our tour very well, and he clearly did a great deal of research about the history of the area. Unlike some ghost tours, it's not just designed to frighten people, and it wasn't hokey. There was a lot of educational value packed in, as well as some great local histories and folklore. If you are in Stirling, this would be worse to miss than Stirling Castle!

Visited September 2012
David K, Manager at Stirling Ghost Walk, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you, Katie. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself (despite a few unscheduled 'interruptions). So many Ghost and Horror tours simply try to scare people. The odd fright can be fun, of course, but that approach can easily become repetitive and predictable. I think that our mix of comedy, history and storytelling engages audiences rather more directly than some of these shows...which I suppose is why we're still here after twenty-four years!

Rarotonga, Cook Islands
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were really looking forward to this tour but never expected it to be so awesome. David was just in his character and all our group had a great time. Even my eight year old daughter enjoyed it and wants to do it again. A great way to finish your visit in Stirling!!!

Visited June 2013
Thank Around the Worl... M
David K, Manager at Stirling Ghost Walk, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
I'm really glad you and your daughter enjoyed the show. There are so few local events and entertainments which cater for families with children, that I have tried to keep the show accessible to all-ages. If we have (as we often do) an all adult group, then the Happy Hangman can be as grim as he likes. If there are kids around, then it can sometimes be a challenge to hold their attention...but I LIKE that challenge. It keeps me on my toes. I hope to see you all again, sometime.
Dundee, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Really enjoyed this. Nearly didn't go as it was a very cold night but glad we did as it was a really good night! David has a really good sense of humour. Definitely a highlight of the trip to Stirling.
Recommend this to anyone, it's really entertaining and also very good value for money. If you're going to Stirling you should definitely go on the ghost walk!

Visited February 2013
David K, Manager at Stirling Ghost Walk, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thanks, Chris. Actually, I used to write a Ghostwalk in Dundee, back in the mid-'90s...until we discovered parts of the town were scarier than any of our stories (The 'Demon Crab' was my favourite). I'm glad you enjoyed the tour. Hopefully we'll see you again...some WARMER night.
Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

you will love these walks david is a character loves his job and knows a lot about stirling,well worth the money wish it wsa longer

Visited October 2012
David K, Manager at Stirling Ghost Walk, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Ha! Someone in another TripAdvisor review, not so long ago, said the show was a little TOO long. Diffr'nt strokes for different folks! Mind you, if I hadn't picked up a few local facts over the (almost) quarter-century I've been doing this, it would be surprising.
Brechin, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Thank you very much for the tour, it was interesting, spooky enough and funny, also you (Happy Hangman) are a talented actor! Thanks a lot, I'll spread the word. ;-)

Visited April 2013
David K, Manager at Stirling Ghost Walk, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you very much. Even after nearly twenty five years a happy customer is the best advertising a show like this can hope for - and I'm glad to say many of our audience members keep in touch through Facebook, offering ideas and story suggestions for future performances.