“Lovely lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast
Broughty Ferry Dundee
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

A great place to stop A very good shop to browse and the coffee shop was very good The restuarant was very clean and bright with a lovely homely feel The staff were attentive and very polite We had mince and tatties a very good helping of a true scottish favourite a half portion of macaroni and a lovely soup and filled roll a sample of cakes and tea followed all homemade and excellent My only criticism was a charge of 50p for credit cards when the bill was over £30 is a bit of Would recomend and will be back

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Fantastic lunch”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was my first visit to the Coffee Bothy and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Great food, great service and great prices. I went here with my son and my friend to get a spot of lunch and the first thing we noticed was how busy the car park was. Both restaurants were almost full yet the service was speedy and friendly. The only problem we had was what to choose from the fantastic menu. Great choices for kids with 1/2 portions too. After lunch we did want to sample the scones but simply didn't have any room left. Will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2014
alloa
“slight dissapointment”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

visited to find that their menu had been altered and very few choices of filled sandwiches.. previously had ciabattas and wraps but were removed on menu and even the waitress couldnt understand as they were always popular.. opted for a cheese and tuna toastie.. could have been done for longer as cheese wasnt melted and tuna still cold.. the bread was lovely so was still edible. my husband had chicken mayo sandwich and was bland.I bought a couple of millionaire shortcake from their cake counter to eat later and found them stale they have a nice farm shop and i will return to purchase produce but dont think i will return for lunch as there are places that have more choice of fillings.

1 Thank A F
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Lovely homemade soup and great scones***”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We visit the Coffee Bothy regularly, the soup is always lovely. Fresh bread served with this or you can get a combo. I always get a small soup and save some space for the freshly baked scones. You can also buy lovely fresh veg and other goodies from the shop. We always enjoy our time and the express area is good if you don't have time to wait.

1 Thank 884Karen2013
alloa
“Terrible value for money”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Visited the bothy last week with my partner. She got the soup & roll combo which was approx £6.50-£7.00 (cant quite remember exact price). What came was a not very large bowl of soup which in all fairness was ok, but her tuna mayo roll was exactly what It said; a tuna mayo roll, nothing more.
Again a fairly small roll with a smothering of plain tuna mayo; no tomato, lettuce, onion or crisps whatsoever. It looked as if it had been put together in 10secs. I feel for nearly £7 it could have been far more substantial & better presented & quite frankly we felt ripped off. I could Probably have made the same soup & roll combo at home for less than £2.
The coffee bothy should maybe take a leaf out of other establishments; especially the torbrex inn in Stirling where i was today, where for the sum of £6 i got an enormous bowl of delicious soup with a beautifully presented & large sandwich filled with salad AND a side salad with tortilla chips. The difference in value for money was night & day.
Sorry coffee bothy, we wont be back!

2 Thank craig m