Stayed in this hotel as it was close to where I needed to be the following day. The room was the usual Holiday Inn Express fare, bland and with a tiny CRT television. The bed was large but the duvet was thin. There was a combined heating / air conditioning unit in the room but this provided barely enough heat to keep the room warm, not helped by it being located on the ceiling (heat rises!)
It was so cold and the duvet so thin that I had to sleep with the heating running on low level all night. I am one of nature's warmer people and sleeping with the heating on is almost unknown for me.
The facilities consisted of a basic shower which was ok but again not particularly hot. The real down side of this hotel was the food. The breakfast had an extremely limited selection and one of the hot dishes in the cabinet was left empty altogether. The croissants were so stale I could have built a dry stone wall out of them and the scrambled egg so dry I could have used it for hardcore.
The evening food was so limited and the dining room so dim and uninviting that I went off to the Pizza Hut on the adjacent retail park for my evening meal.
The only good point about this hotel was the staff. Note that this hotel is also not cheap and I have had far better for less money elsewhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the relaxing Holiday Inn Express Stirling hotel, 1 mile from Stirling city centre and 15 miles from Loch Lomond. You will arrive to a warm welcome at our Holiday Inn Express hotel in Stirling, where the airy lobby is set with leather armchairs and daily newspapers. Relax in our Great Room lounge with a drink from our licensed bar or catch up on email with our free WiFi, which is available throughout the hotel. The hotel is just one mile from Stirling's centre, 23 miles from Edinburgh Airport and 36 miles to Glasgow Airport. The Holiday Inn Express Stirling hotel is 15 miles from the splendour of Loch Lomond. Children under 12 stay free when sharing a room with their parents, and our friendly staff can help book tickets to nearby attractions like Blair Drummond Safari Park and Stirling Castle. Enjoy a great start to your day with our inclusive breakfast buffet which features a continental selection and a choice of hot items. Our naturally lit meeting room can welcome up to 30 people and there is free WiFi throughout the hotel. We can arrange lunches and refreshments for your meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Stirling reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Stirling Hotel Stirling
- Holiday Inn Stirling
- Stirling Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Stirling Scotland