“Good for a spot of lunch”
Review of Cook's of Stirling

Cook's of Stirling
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Stirling
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Good for a spot of lunch”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I came here during the week for a light lunch.

Plenty parking available but the entrance and exit to the establishment isn't the most convenient being situated right next to a major roundabout.

We were given several menus and there are lunch deals on ie 2 courses for £8.95, plus the a la carte menu and a snacks menu so plenty to pick from depending on how hungry you are.

We had one of the 'basket meals', all £5, chips and haddock in a tempura batter. Other £5 basket
meals include chicken & chips, burger & chips, pulled pork & chips. I had a small 'light bite' of cheese nachos which were plentiful and lots of cheese, sour cream etc. both dishes were very tasty.

We were served quickly and the food is cooked fresh and hot and is reasonably priced. Nice, clean restaurant with a good atmosphere. I will definitely be returning for an evening meal the next time I visit.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Finnish first
Gent
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel is situated on a very busy roundabout and has single glazing! Impossible to have a quiet moment in the afternoon after a (superb!) castle visit.
We didn't let it ruin our holiday, left and slept in another hotel....despite having to pay the night + breakfast at Cook's.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cameos
Montrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2014

A fairly new Hotel, well furnished and appointed with plenty of parking and situated at the south end of Stirling High Street.
The Décor and ambience are high end and the restaurant offered a good and inexpensive menu.
Bedroom was of a very high standard, bed, bedlinen, duvet and towels very high quality. Single glazing let in some street sounds but heavy curtains kept most of the noise low and daylight out, ensuring a sound sleep. Staff were helpful and very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Stirling, Scotland
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was my second visit to cooks. I was there on the opening night where the food was excellent but the service was slow.

I returned on a Monday evening in May and had an equally good meal, and the service was good.
I started with the haggis Bon bons served with mustard mayo and the haggis was lovely and tasty. I then had thyme roasted chicken served in a tasty gravy with roast potatoes and a nice selection of vegetables. My companion had the fish and chips which was served with mushy peas and tartare sauce. The presentation was lovely. Fat chips stacked up and the fish balanced on the stack.

My meal was £8.95 for two courses and my companions was, I think, the same price. A lovely glass of White Zinfandel washed the meal down nicely.

I will certainly return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Brechin, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013

It's clean, it's friendly, it's beautifully decorated and the food is good. We've stayed a few times and sampled several rooms and never been disappointed. I really wish we had such a fab hotel in our home town.
The staff are all, without exception, superb examples of what hospitality is all about. They really seem to care about their customers.
Generally speaking, Stirling hotels are wildly expensive, and I can't for the life of me work out why! The Adamo is no exception. We'd love to stay more often, but the price is a deterrent unfortunately.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Callander, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I booked this hotel for me and my husband for our wedding nite and had a really enjoyable stay. The room was very clean, staff really friendly and extreamly helpful. Would definatly book this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lynne t
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My friend ex book the adamo for me to leave on my wedding day when we got book in we whent to our room got settled in and found out 2of the bedside lamps didn,t work plus they where lime scales in the bath tv didn,t work windows never opened for fresh air . I wont be going back there price,s are a bit heigh. ;(

• Stayed November 2013