“Outstanding B&B”

Quarter Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 59 Stirling B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am a very frequent visitor to the U.K. from the USA and, as such, I've had occasion to stay in all manner of accommodation, from large hotels, to self-catering cottages, B&B's, inns, etc.

In all my many travels round and about U.K., I have never had a more gracious, welcoming, comfortable stay anywhere, full stop. The home is a lovely Georgian property that feels simultaneously elegant yet totally relaxed and homey. The rooms are spacious and delightfully comfortable (wonderful beds!). The library and drawing room are inviting, very bright, and pleasant. In short, a perfect house.

The best part, however, are the delightful hosts, Robin and Pippa, who welcomed us with a nice cup of tea, made our dinner reservations, and shared a companionable after-dinner malt whisky with us, and -- in all respects -- made us feel absolutely at home and welcome.

All in all, a superb experience. Absolutely recommended -- A++ quality establishment.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank David46209

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here on our way from Kent to Orkney, and will definitely visit again on our next trip! The house is beautiful, the bedroom (Blue Room) was very big with an ensuite,the bed was extremely comfy and had good quality linens/bedding. Guests have the use of the Library, complete with roaring fire. Robin and Pippa are excellent hosts and it doesn't really feel like a B&B at all. On arrival we enjoyed tea in the kitchen, then before going out to dinner we were offered wine in the Library, and even when we came back from dinner the whisky came out! Really a very warm welcome, and we had a our dog with us too who was possibly even more welcomed! Robin & Pippa love dogs, and have two of their own (one of which escorted us on a walk around the surrounding estate) and it was lovely to stay in a dog friendly house which was very neat and clean and not at all 'doggy' i.e. covered in hair and smelly!

We had dinner at the Wheelhouse in Falkirk, great steaks and a wide range of cuisines.

Breakfast at Quarter was unsurprisingly lovely, a great cooked breakfast to set us up for the drive north.

Room Tip: The Blue room was lovely, very big, huge comfortable bed, ensuite with bath, very light and airy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank annabelgm84
Reviewed February 28, 2013

If, like me, you hate B&B places and normally opt for a hotel (we needed to travel with our dogs so went for Quarter) prepare to have your mind changed. The house itself is stunning with perfect Georgian proportions, big windows with light flooding in, delicate plasterwork and very comfortable furnishings. Our bed was extremely comfortable with lovely clean white linen, our bathroom, warm and spotless. What really made our stay however, were the hosts Robin and Pippa. They are so relaxed and friendly you immediately feel you live there! Breakfast was great and after a couple of nights there we really did not want to leave. Oh, and the dogs loved it too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaxRosie
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My brother and I stayed at Quarter recently and were made so welcome by our hosts Pippa and Robin. What an amazing home they have in such a peaceful and quiet location, yet only a short drive into the village and into Stirling itself. Breakfast was up amongst the best we have had in Scotland and lots of it. Our rooms were big and the beds - complete with electric blankets!! - extremely comfortable. Everything we could possibly want was there at hand. We will definitely be recommending them to our friends and family and when the opportunity arrives we will return.

Room Tip: Don't worry about the rooms, the two rooms we had were lovely and each had pleasant views over t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

we booked this lovely place because we were going on holiday to Morven and needed a stop off with our two cavaliers. what a find, we had a lovely welcome and could not have found pippa and robin more welcoming and doggy friendly.
we had a lovely comfy bed, a delicious breakfast, and set off on our travels.........................only to return for another lovely night on the way back.
it will be our regular stop off on the way north from now on

Room Tip: every room is lovely
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had a fantastic stay for 3 nights, we felt very welcome and also our two dogs enjoyed it very much. During our two weeks in England, Pippa served the best scrambled eggs! The rooms were nice, and comfortable even with a hot blanket what was very nice. Robin and Pippa made us feel very welcome. I would certainly recommend this B&B to our friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of days in August, and I was very impressed. I am not usually a bed and breakfast person, but I felt very welcome without the feel that I need to lock myself away in my room as not to bother the strangers who's house I am sleeping in. Pippa and Robin are wonderful hosts, and both the actual bed and breakfast were the best I had on my whole two week vacation. The house and grounds are stunning, and there is even a wonderful dog that will let you throw the ball for her all afternoon. I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple