“Lovely”

Quarter Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 59 Stirling B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had a fantastic stay for 3 nights, we felt very welcome and also our two dogs enjoyed it very much. During our two weeks in England, Pippa served the best scrambled eggs! The rooms were nice, and comfortable even with a hot blanket what was very nice. Robin and Pippa made us feel very welcome. I would certainly recommend this B&B to our friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Quarter Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of days in August, and I was very impressed. I am not usually a bed and breakfast person, but I felt very welcome without the feel that I need to lock myself away in my room as not to bother the strangers who's house I am sleeping in. Pippa and Robin are wonderful hosts, and both the actual bed and breakfast were the best I had on my whole two week vacation. The house and grounds are stunning, and there is even a wonderful dog that will let you throw the ball for her all afternoon. I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

A charming house with hospitality to match,more personal guests than B&B.
Comfortable rooms ,wonderful breakfasts with freshly squeezed orange juice,fresh fruit salad as well as a complete cooked breakfast.There is also a sitting room with television for guests.We have stayed several times and hope to come again and again.
P&C P

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PatriciaPentycross
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in the twin room as it was the only room with a shower. The house is beautiful, but our stay fell short of our expectations based on the website and the reviews on tripadvisor. The attention to detail we were expecting was lacking - the mirror over the dressing table was small and very low, so I ended up kneeling on the floor each morning to dry my hair; there was a motley collection of hangers in the decrepit wardrobe; the drawers in the chest between the beds were too dirty to use; there was nowhere other than the floor to put our cases; I could clearly hear the occupants in the next room snoring, clearing their throat, unwrapping sweets, etc through the adjoining door against which one of the beds is placed; the bathroom is small with a very small shower (don't drop the soap, there's barely room to bend down to pick it up); supermarket soap; no heater in the bedroom and the central heating was off - and it was cold and wet in early June; lumpy beds; average breakfast. We stayed at nicer places on our trip to the UK for less money.

Room Tip: If you don't want a shower, the two rooms at the front of the house would probably be nicer.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2012

What a find, this period house is tastefully and sympathetically decorated.The log fire in the entrance hall, and the smell of Pippa's home baking add a warmth rarely available at a commercial B&B. Quarter is in a splendid location but that is only part of the picture. The owners Robin and Pippa made us as welcome as could be expected byclose friends, nothing was too much trouble and for an all too small moment in time Quarter was our home from home.
They are dog friendly, not just dog tolerant. We stayed twice and both times our bedroom(s) were well equipped, comfortable and the breakfast bespoke, not a take it or leave it menu.
If you appreciate charm, character and I nearly hesitate to say old fashioned values Quarter has it in abundance.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave_n_Emma
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We had a great time staying with Pippa and Robin. When you get offered a glass of wine as you step over the threshold you know it's going to be good! Their two dogs are great, the house is like living in your own stately home, it's quiet, plenty of parking, wifi, log fire, etc. Oh yes, amazing breakfast as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JinnyJones1982232a
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I only stayed the one night in Feb 2012 .I consider this to be good value for money . I dont understand the comments about dogs or being the oddest couple. I for one thought the experience was delightful. the bed and bedroom was huge for me I had a lovely breakfast in that huge dining room I loved the whole feel of the place and would go back. Pippa was nice without being over bearing her husband who works in edinburgh took the time also to have a chat

Room Tip: I had the place to myself and I loved it
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bill F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stirling
Best Western Park Hotel
The Barn Lodge
The Barn Lodge
#1 of 2 in Bannockburn
Creity Hall Guest House

Been to Quarter Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!