“Worth visiting.”

Restaurant Claude Darroze
Reserve with
Restaurant Claude Darroze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Langon
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Our group of six enjoyed dinner here in September. The service was excellent and the food was what we had expected of a Michelin starred restaurant. While we really did enjoy our evening it could have been better if there had been more atmosphere in the restaurant. The room was a little dated but this is a minor negative. All in all it was great value and the food was very nice.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

In college, I had a philosophy professor that ascertained that preparing our meals and eating them was one of the most important things that separate human kind from the rest of the animals in the Planet, and that it should be looked upon as one of the most important ceremonies in our daily endeavours. Never have I agreed more with this notion, specially after enjoying a carefully prepared gourmet dinner accompanied by excellent wine and great conversation with friends, sorrounded by the perfect environment. I will remember this restaurant not for the details of the exquisite meal but by the whole experience before, during and after dinner.
My deepest thanks to the owner of the Claude Darroze, who I suspect oversees the restaurant operations as well as those of the hotel.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a lovely 4 course meal here while on our honeymoon. The food was as you would expect from a Michelin starred restaurant and we had a lovely evening.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were looking for a place to eat on a Sunday night in Bordeaux when most restaurants are closed. What a lucky find for us. If you are anywhere close on your travels in France this is a must do. I had the asparagus risotto and duck en papiotte followed by grand marnier souffle. All outstanding.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My experience was with a group of 23. We were staying at Chateau Suduiraut on business where the food is good and rather plentiful.
I am not sure if we were seated in the main restaurant. The room felt like a function room anyway.
The menu had been picked for us.
I always like to know what I am eating and the fairly tame announcement by the waiter would have been better backed up with a menu in print. That said, I just dived in to the unknown and ate everything (didn't finish the cheese course which was laid on copious amounts of watermelon chutney making it sweeter than desert which, was not announced - great peach sorbet, the rest within a pretty brandysnap, unidentified).
The winner of the courses was a lovely lobster ravioli. The oddest, but still great flavours was the trio of appetisers, in particular the cauliflower foam which would have been better as a veloute.
If I visited this part of the world again I wouldn't be in a rush to revisit however I have a feeling I didn't see the best of them from an ambiance perspective. Put the food into a different environment and the feedback may have changed.