“Was it a 3, was in a 4?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Claude Darroze

Restaurant Claude Darroze
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Langon
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northants
“Was it a 3, was in a 4?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

My experience was with a group of 23. We were staying at Chateau Suduiraut on business where the food is good and rather plentiful.
I am not sure if we were seated in the main restaurant. The room felt like a function room anyway.
The menu had been picked for us.
I always like to know what I am eating and the fairly tame announcement by the waiter would have been better backed up with a menu in print. That said, I just dived in to the unknown and ate everything (didn't finish the cheese course which was laid on copious amounts of watermelon chutney making it sweeter than desert which, was not announced - great peach sorbet, the rest within a pretty brandysnap, unidentified).
The winner of the courses was a lovely lobster ravioli. The oddest, but still great flavours was the trio of appetisers, in particular the cauliflower foam which would have been better as a veloute.
If I visited this part of the world again I wouldn't be in a rush to revisit however I have a feeling I didn't see the best of them from an ambiance perspective. Put the food into a different environment and the feedback may have changed.

Visited April 2013

Sunningdale, United Kingdom
“The best of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here by accident 4/5 years ago and I have wanted to return ever since. Our room was so comfortable and the dinner we had under the plane trees was exquisite. Hotel DArroze does what the French do so well. In fact why am I telling you about them? I should be keeping this place a secret and all for myself.

• Visited September 2011
Manzanita, Oregon
“This WAS special!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

We were staying over in Sauternes, in a lovely little wine chateau without a restaurant, Chateau d'ARCHE, (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO YOU) and were looking for a truly good gourmet French restaurant, and thus we drove over here to Langon, and what a delightful find Claude Darroze was for us! We had a table outdoors on the tree covered terrace, and had a wonderful meal. This is a better type place, and expect to pay the going rate for Menu: 42€/ 85€ - Carte: 80€/110€, each person plus wines, and maybe more. Expect to take your time, and enjoy your dinner, this is your entertainment for the evening.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stokes30
Mauritius
“French gastronomy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

Terasse under large trees excellent food and wine typical french quality restaurant and excellent service we were late and le chef did accept us despite this. Amuse bouches sea food and fresh deserts

1 Thank gillesMauritius